A's Trade for Kendall

ManSooLee

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oakland A's Traded Mke Redman and Arthur Rhodes

for Jason Kendall today. (according to ESPN.com)

I wonder how our Jason Kendall fans will take this news. Probably won't care. They'll tell themselves, "Still a long offseason," or replace his picture (in their avatar) with another player.

Thats not a deal that will help the Pirates...

I think we could have offered better.

Garland and Adkins would have been a much better deal for them...

I hate you KW...

Would either Garland or Adkins get them Milton Bradley from LA too, which could very likely end up happening?

Why would they want him?

They have Bay, Mackowiak and Wilson.

Bradley is a cancer and a piece of s***.

Bradley is a very good baseball player.. I would welcome him on our team

I dont care what you think of him, but hes got fire.. A fan threw a bottle at him, so he slammed it down to scare the guy.. I dont see a problem with that

Its the same situation with the Pacers/Pistons.. well almost.. just without the riot.. These dumbs*** fans need to learn how to behave at games.. its ridiculous

Why would they want him?

They have Bay, Mackowiak and Wilson.

Bradley is a cancer and a piece of s***.

You give him the same rap most people give Jose Guillen

Both were on playoff teams last year and both were a big reason why they were on their playoff team. He's not a cancer, and he's not a piece of s***. He's a damn fine ballplayer, and I'd take him on my team any day of the week

Also...the Pirates need a 1Bman...and I'm pretty sure that both Mackowiak and Wilson can play 1B pretty well.

I wonder how our Jason Kendall fans will take this news.  Probably won't care.  They'll tell themselves, "Still a long offseason," or replace his picture (in their avatar) with another player.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Otherwise known as optimists.

I'm hearing Randy Johnson to the White Sox is almost a done deal. Russ Ortiz too. And if neither of them pan out, there's still a long way to go in this offseason.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Otherwise known as optimists.

I'm hearing Randy Johnson to the White Sox is almost a done deal. Russ Ortiz too. And if neither of them pan out, there's still a long way to go in this offseason.

So I logged on and saw CubKilla reply to the last 5-6 threads.

Always glad to read your posts, they're consistently overflowing with such a pleasant positive outlook on things.

Your fricken point is clearly understood, a million times over. Reinsdorf sucks, he's cheap, management doesn't know what they're doing, etc. etc. etc.

Yawn.

Big yawn.

Sorry, but I'm as sick of the constant whining, b****ing, and negativity as you are of whatever it is that's buggin' ya.

So I logged on and saw CubKilla reply to the last 5-6 threads.

Always glad to read your posts, they're consistently overflowing with such a pleasant positive outlook on things.

Your fricken point is clearly understood, a million times over.  Reinsdorf sucks, he's cheap, management doesn't know what they're doing, etc. etc. etc.

Yawn.

Big yawn.

Sorry, but I'm as sick of the constant whining, b****ing, and negativity as you are of whatever it is that's buggin' ya.

Have a turkey leg. It's Thanksgiving :)

Be thankful the Sox aren't owned by someone who gives a rats patoot ;)

Have a turkey leg. It's Thanksgiving  :)

Be thankful the Sox aren't owned by someone who gives a rats patoot  ;)

Already did, thanks! :D (actually, more than one)

I'm especially thankful for having a generally positive outlook on things. Makes me sleep better and accomplish more.

I'm also thankful for the ability to recognize b****ing for b****ings sake, 'cause it makes people feel better to be part of a group, i.e. Whining White Sox Fans.

Nothing personal, I'm as frustrated as you are. But read your posts man, here and on WSI. All you do is b****.

White Sox wise, I have nothing to be positive or optimistic about as long as JR owns the team and KW is the GM. b****ing is what gets me through the day  :lol: .

No problem, I understand.

Friendly (seriously) advice from a guy who's probably much older than you ... constant b****ing doesn't help you get to where you want to be.

I don't get it. Are you implying Oakland is going to deal Kendall for Bradley?

Or are you somehow implying the Pirates are going to acquire Bradley for Redman/Rhodes

Cause I can tell you the Dodgers would be retarded to make that deal, just like the Pirates were idiots for making that Kendall trade. They could of done better, imo.

And I'm assuming Kendall wasn't considering the Sox. I have no problem, while I love Kendalls numbers his contract woudl of probably made things tough on the Sox.

I want pitching; A stud starter and a stud reliever. After that I could give a damn.

I don't get it.  Are you implying Oakland is going to deal Kendall for Bradley?

Or are you somehow implying the Pirates are going to acquire Bradley for Redman/Rhodes

Cause I can tell you the Dodgers would be retarded to make that deal, just like the Pirates were idiots for making that Kendall trade.  They could of done better, imo.

And I'm assuming Kendall wasn't considering the Sox.  I have no problem, while I love Kendalls numbers his contract woudl of probably made things tough on the Sox.

I want pitching; A stud starter and a stud reliever.  After that I could give a damn.

There was some little blip somewhere(either at benmaller or in one of Rosenthal's inside dish's) that brought up how Pittsburgh would then look to trade Rhodes to LA for Bradley.

That's all it said...not that that would be the exact trade, or that it would even go through.

I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

First place I look has it, top of the page. Courtesy benmaller.com...

"There's a good chance that the Pirates will trade Arthur Rhodes, possibly to the Dodgers in their quest to land outfielder Milton Bradley"

Edited by witesoxfan

I wonder how our Jason Kendall fans will take this news.  Probably won't care.  They'll tell themselves, "Still a long offseason," or replace his picture (in their avatar) with another player.

So what should everyone be doing? Freaking out? Kicking the dog? Cancelling their season tickets? Being irrational on a message board? Pretending to psychoanalize people? Take it for FWIW?

How will I ever move on in life?

This news is terribly depressing.

I have no reason to live anymore.

It's just baseball. I don't know what you were implying. So we didn't get Kendall, shucks. It's Thanksgiving...there is a lot in life to be thankful for; the sporting community is one small microcosm in an otherwise meaningful existance. You need to put into context whatever gets said here. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this. Please.

How will I ever move on in life?

This news is terribly depressing.

I have no reason to live anymore.

It's just baseball.  I don't know what you were implying.  So we didn't get Kendall, shucks.  It's Thanksgiving...there is a lot in life to be thankful for; the sporting community is one small microcosm in an otherwise meaningful existance.  You need to put into context whatever gets said here.  I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this.  Please.

Sing it loud and sing it proud! :cheers

So what should everyone be doing?  Freaking out?  Kicking the dog?  Cancelling their season tickets?  Being irrational on a message board?  Pretending to psychoanalize people?  Take it for FWIW?

I think you're missing the bigger picture here.

Optimist will replace Kendall sigs and avatars with a new flavor of the week that pessimists know the White Sox have no desire of obtaining due to money issues.

It's a vicious cycle. I guess Sox fans can be thankful for the Organization being consistently reliable when it comes to NOT signing anyone of worth or value that isn't already associated with the White Sox.