If clement was signed tomorrow...

AddisonStSox

If Clement was the only other addition this offseason to the tune of $32-36 M for 4 Years, would this offseason be a success?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. If Clement was the only other addition this offseason to the tune of $32-36 M for 4 Years, would this offseason be a success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I like Polls just as much as I like bamboo shoots under my finger nails

If we don't sign a fifth starter, capable of doing the job (I shouldn't say fifth starter -- I'm talking about another starter, Clement, Perez, someone capable), then I give the offseason a F. Simply put, we've had one problem that's plagued us the past three seasons -- an inability to find that fifth starter who was able to keep us in games. If we get yet ANOTHER year of the same s*** from the fifth starter's black hole, then Kenny ought to be shot.

Remember -- some of you are judging the Lee trade based on the fact that we've freed up money. You cannot tell me with a straight face the Lee for Pods and Vizcaino is fair value. OTOH, Clement, Vizcaino, and Podsednik for Lee...

You get the point. We need another starting pitcher.

Heather Lee must have been the lone dissenting vote.  :D

No, that vote was from me.

Actually, I read the whole top thing wrong. I thought it read something along the lines of, "If Clement was signed tomorrow by another team, and Kenny made no other moves, would you be happy?"

s***. My vote should be yes. Me = :chair .

I said no for some reason but I would love the signing of Clement as our 3rd starter. If we were able to claim Pierzynski, then the offseason would be an unbelievable success. I think we would be serious World Series contenders.

Clement would definately increase our chance of playoffs but we still need to look at SS and 2b im not sure if Willie and Uribe will get the job done?

No, that vote was from me.

Actually, I read the whole top thing wrong.  I thought it read something along the lines of, "If Clement was signed tomorrow by another team, and Kenny made no other moves, would you be happy?"

s***.  My vote should be yes.  Me =  :chair .

:lolhitting You idiot. :lol:

For all 38 of us interested in Clement.

Cbssportsline now reports that the Red Sox, Angels, and Padres are showing increased interest in Clement.

They report that Pedro's move to the Mets may have ignited a bidding war over Clement and they feel the Red Sox will win. Yikes. Its about the time we really have to start praying Kenny offers a generous contract and hope the Chicago interest helps out.

I don't know, anothe starter is important, but my #1 thing I wanted was top 2b,ss, or 3b (Renteria or Cabrera). I'd love Cabrera and to put Uribe at 2nd. I like him a lot more than Willie. I still don't understand why they can't do both, they just $16 mil in payroll. If they would just even spend the same as last year we could be really tough. Very frustrated.

For all 38 of us interested in Clement.

Cbssportsline now reports that the Red Sox, Angels, and Padres are showing increased interest in Clement.

They report that Pedro's move to the Mets may have ignited a bidding war over Clement and they feel the Red Sox will win.  Yikes.  Its about the time we really have to start praying Kenny offers a generous contract and hope the Chicago interest helps out.

Boston is looking at Burnett, I think they'll try and get him first.

I don't know, anothe starter is important, but my #1 thing I wanted was top 2b,ss, or 3b (Renteria or Cabrera). I'd love Cabrera and to put Uribe at 2nd. I like him a lot more than Willie. I still don't understand why they can't do both, they just $16 mil in payroll. If they would just even spend the same as last year we could be really tough. Very frustrated.

Welcome to Soxtalk!! :cheers