MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still on pro. Hell it was only a few days ago I learned about the pitch dealy. Since then my offense has improved a bit. I've only lost twice, but my team has lately been on an offensive tear. I've scored 3 runs or more 3 straight games which is a RECORD. :lol:

If you guys want, I can post my sliders.

They're very similar to Pared's, but I've changed some things.

It's a lot of fun. I've played @ Oakland the past two days, losing both games in extra innings -- one game 4-3, one game 6-5. In both games, I deserved to lose. Lots of times I had a runner on third with less than two outs, and I failed to drive the guy home...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Pitching is very similar and easy throuout all difficulty levels but hitting is a different story.

Pitching is definitely easy, that's why I'm messing around w/ pro sliders at the moment. I love the hitting on pro, seems much more realistic instead of "soft-pop out" x 20 on all-star. If i can get the pitching harder, I'm going to finally find my slider set i've been looking for.

I've found some pro sliders that I like, but will wait till i can test them out a few more games before posting them.

Another tidbit I found out, next time you play, set your fielding to "MVP" instead of automatic. What this does is eliminate any computer assistance in the field. Like hotshots down the line, the 1b will not automatically move toward it, neither will outfielders. Makes fielding alot harder and gives more varied scores.

Should especially work well in multiplayer games, to cut down the insane plays that go on........coughkennycough

I'd be interested in some pro sliders. I can play decently on All Star but usually can only win low-scoring games. On pro, I can still get shut down by ace pitchers and light up some of the lesser ones so it's pretty balanced.

For pro sliders, I'd suggest making the pitching difficulty really hard since it's so easy and reducing user contact.

just had my best win of the season, Peavy had his worse outing of the year giving up 5 runs in 7 innings but my RP's threw 2 scoreless innings. Bottom of the 9th and im up to bat down 5-2.

Vernon Wells hits a single

Mark Teixera Walks

Miguel Cabrera grounds into a would be double play but Teix breaks it up

Joe Mauer hits a single Vernon Wells scores from third, Cabrera advances to 2nd.

Victor Martinez strikes out on a nasty fastball

David Wright hits a 3 run game ending HR, on a 3-0 count had a feeling Nen would give me a good pitch to hit.

Nen was their closer.... when he came in im like NOOO he is apposed to be retired.

Edited by SoxFan101