Well how is 05 season looking

LDF

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They might have a shot to win the division, but, their is lots of gaps they need to figure out, if they did the Garland/Konerko for Vazquez trade, they still need a 5th starter. Something they have needed for a long time.... Ross Gload is not an every day first basemen, give him 250 at bats at most and he will do his part. Bullpen is decent. What we need is a shortstop. If we can get a decent shortstop such as Cabrera, I would be fine with that.

I give KW a C. I like the Dye and Hermanson signings, but trading Lee for Podsednick was a complete failure.

However, if he signs Pierzynski to upgrade C, and gets us Perez for the rotation, I will happily bump his grade up to B.

2005 looks awful. Not only do we need a #2 or #3 SP; we need a catcher and a second baseman. Too many holes to fill in just one single off-season. IMO, 2005 doesn’t look like our year. 2006 looks a bit brighter, that is if Crede and Garland give sign that they‘re improving.

i would really love to get aj at catcher. what gets me is there is no reason why we couldn't have sign any other starting pitcher. no reason what - so - ever.

how but trades, there are plenty going on, why not the sox and i am not talking about that one-sided trade with the brewers.

2005 looks awful. Not only do we need a #2 or #3 SP; we need a catcher and a second baseman. Too many holes to fill in just one single off-season. IMO, 2005 doesn’t look like our year. 2006 looks a bit brighter, that is if Crede and Garland give sign that they‘re improving.

what, we need a 2 basemen, what happen to harris????

did people give up on him???

i remember defending my one sided trades that kw got taken for.

I think that the C Lee deal was a complete and utter failure before he seemingly decided to pocket the cash and keep the payroll at 65 Mil. (Can you tell i'm not a Pods fan.) Really I hope i'm eating some serious crow come June but I can't see the guy hitting above the .240 he did in Mil. Otherwise unless he signs a decent pitcher then we are totally screwed. However I think we could tread water with Diaz in the 5 hole (Grilli is a joke).

It goes like this...

Diaz= Contending but fall short 2nd Place...Maybe 3rd

Perez= Division

Other Decent Free Agent= Divison or at least contending

Grilli= 4th Place, 20 loss record break, 2 win career high...

How do you lose confidence in Contreras after 1/2 a season?  :huh:

You never know what you’re going to get when Contreras in on the mound. There are times when he can barely get out of the 1st inning and there are times when he completely dominates. He has some filthy stuff and hopefully he can do well in 2005.

How do you lose confidence in Contreras after 1/2 a season?  :huh:

Plus I am find with Garland as a 4th starter, maybe even 5th if we pick someone up.

i wasn't too sure if you were kinding or not.

ref to contreras, he did have some really bad outings there. however having him as our #2 or 3 sp is too much. i see him as a #4 at best and garland our #5. we still need a good starting pitcher.

Garland will be gone, whether it's this off-season, at the trade deadline, or next off-season but he'll never make a pitch for us in '06. Book it.

Willie is the fastest 2nd baseman in the majors and our desire for a speed team will live and die with him. Take him out of the lineup and it's dead dead dead. There is no 2nd baseman available with enough power to go in a different direction.

why not alfonso soriano, he is avail thru a trade with tex

Willie is fine at 2nd base as long as he is batting 9th with addition of spod that's what he's going to do. He is a ten times better defender then Alf and with what we'd have to give up to get Soriano I'd much rather keep willie there.

As of right now 2005 is looking like another 2nd or 3rd place finish. There's no way in hell we can compete with the Twins at the moment. This team has way too many holes and unanswered questions. However, as most have mentioned, if we can somehow "not holding my breath' sign Perez and upgrade at either catcher or second base our chances in 2005 go up dramatically.

What really looks bad is the Sox when our 3 year contracts with our starting pitchers expire. By then Buehrle, Garcia and maybe even Contreras will be getting more than 10 million per year. Gee, I wonder if we'll sign them?

So enjoy the present! This is as good a starting staff as we'll have for a long time.

why not alfonso soriano, he is avail thru a trade with tex

I'll grant that one, but a deal for Alf would have to be some kind of 3-way between say us, Texas, and LA with Alf coming here, Konerko to LA and Vazquez to Texas. It's possible I guess, but other than Texas getting Vazquez I'm not sure why anyone would be motivated to do it.

If LA lands Zito today or tommorrow as I suspect then that'd change the landscape some.

I'll grant that one, but a deal for Alf would have to be some kind of 3-way between say us, Texas, and LA with Alf coming here, Konerko to LA and Vazquez to Texas. It's possible I guess, but other than Texas getting Vazquez I'm not sure why anyone would be motivated to do it.

If LA lands Zito today or tommorrow as I suspect then that'd change the landscape some.

its been said that tex is trying very hard to unload him. i wonder if any team has approach them about him.

i think it is still a possible to have a 2 team trade.

This offseason was goin good until now we cant sign any other SP for our rotation. We came in this offseason with one big hole and our rotation and we still havent filled it yet. Im still hoping that we sign another starter bcoz every year we could have win the central if our 5th starter can just give us a chance to win.

its been said that tex is trying very hard to unload him.  i wonder if any team has approach them about him.

i think it is still a possible to have a 2 team trade.

I don't see how, realistically you have only Konerko, Crede, or Garland to use as the centerpiece for the trade and Texas wouldn't be interested in any of them. Even if you could get them to take Garland or Crede you'd still have to trade Konerko to fit Alf into the payroll. Texas of course could just trade Alf straight up to LA for Vazquez which would make a ton of sense for both teams and now that I think of it, I wouldn't be the least bit surprise if this is the deal that went down.

Texas of course could just trade Alf straight up to LA for Vazquez which would make a ton of sense for both teams and now that I think of it, I wouldn't be the least bit surprise if this is the deal that went down.

ummm that is a interesting pict you paint there with la.

I give KW a C. I like the Dye and Hermanson signings, but trading Lee for Podsednick was a complete failure.

However, if he signs Pierzynski to upgrade C, and gets us Perez for the rotation, I will happily bump his grade up to B.

It was a "complete failure" despite the fact that KW has yet to spend the money he saved on the deal, and THE SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET?!?!?! :huh: