Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
Has anyone seen The Descent? One of the best horror movies, if not the best, of all-time.

It's right up there with Jaws, Deliverance and Alien.

I saw it. I liked it for the most part. I didn't like how the monsters or whatever they were got their asses kicked by women, though.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
I bought V for Vendetta and watched it again.

I absolutely love that movie. By watching it a second time, I was also able to figure out the connection between the whole St. Marys and Lock (sp?) Hill incidents. It definitely has become one of my favorites...

smart man, this movie is in my top 10.

I watched Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang last night and found it to be absolutely hilarious. Val Kilmer and Robert Downey are both great in this movie. My only complaint is the movie is a little full of itself, but overall I highly, highly recommend this movie. So many funny scenes and conversations.

Saw Miami Vice over the weekend and I wasn't expecting a whole lot. I ended up really enjoying the movie. Michael Mann does some good work. I read a lot of reviews ripping it but I just don't think many people really "got" the movie and most were probably expecting a campy remake of the TV series.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Saw Miami Vice over the weekend and I wasn't expecting a whole lot. I ended up really enjoying the movie. Michael Mann does some good work. I read a lot of reviews ripping it but I just don't think many people really "got" the movie and most were probably expecting a campy remake of the TV series.

I believe you. Most people say it's not the TV show, but is is very good.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
real excited to see 'little miss sunshine', basically just because steve carrel's in it........and he has a beard

I'll never understand why people go to see movies for actors and actresses.

(If you'll notice Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love you'll get some idea how worthless an actor is and how pivitol a writer and director is.)

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)

(If you'll notice Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love you'll get some idea how worthless an actor is and how pivitol a writer and director is.)

....i liked that movie :lol:

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)

Maybe because you are a fan of that persons work?

Just because I like someone doesn't mean I am going to go watch them if I think the movie is worthless, thats just stupid.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
Maybe because you are a fan of that persons work?

Just because I like someone doesn't mean I am going to go watch them if I think the movie is worthless, thats just stupid.

You're a fan of the wrong persons work, IMO.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
....i liked that movie :lol:

So did I.

...?

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
real excited to see 'little miss sunshine', basically just because steve carrel's in it........and he has a beard

Let us know how it is. I think I may see it tomorrow night.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
I thought it was very good as well. Some of the stuff was melo dramatic like Jimeno's vision of God, but maybe that did happen. Who knows. I liked it as well and it is good to know that this and "United 93" were made "the right way".

BUT NOW, the reason I am in the thread. My cell phone rang and it was a 555 number on caller ID. I was curious and picked up...

Me: Hello?

Caller: Brian?

Me: Yeah?

Caller: THIS IS SAMUEL L. JACKSON, NOW I KNOW YOU HAVE SEEN ME IN MOVIES LIKE PULP FICTION....

He went on advertising Snakes on a Plane. Usually I would hang up but I marked out for it. Just a recording obviously but that was awesome.

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
I bought V for Vendetta and watched it again.

I absolutely love that movie. By watching it a second time, I was also able to figure out the connection between the whole St. Marys and Lock (sp?) Hill incidents. It definitely has become one of my favorites...

Rented that movie over the weekend, saw it for the first time, also thought it was quite good. I think it's Lark hill, and I was able to follow that connection pretty well as far as I could tell.

Went and saw Little Miss Sunshine tonight. Easily one of the funniest films I've seen in a very long time. The scene at the beauty pageant literally had me laughing until I was out of breath and had a stomache ache. I definitely recommend this film. It was funny but also sweet.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
So no one saw SNakes on a plane. You all failed me cause I want to see how it was. I sure hope its going to be as brutally horrid as I expect (which in turn means it will be hysterical).

Oh Jas, there's a whole thread on SOAP.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
Little Miss Sunshine = awesomeness.

I agree 100%. It reminded me a lot of "Sideways" in that at it's core, the characters have very serious, f*ucked issues going on, but the mood of the film remains light with a lot of silly situations mixed in. Very well done.

See this film.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
i'm excited about the fountain, Pan's Labyrinth, and the black dahlia even though it has a horrible director and i hate josh hartnett.

From joblo.com...

According to ContactMusic.com (via Egotastic!), critics and early viewers of THE BLACK DAHLIA have a complaint: Scarlett Johansson's sex scene is steamy to the point of distraction. In fact, they say (as a negative) that they couldn't concentrate on the remainder of the film. What? Now, horndog common sense aside, what kind of physics-defying acts of contortion and/or per-square inch skin exposure leaves you so weak that you can't even follow the remaining hour or so of plot by which you have thus far been enthralled? If one sex scene occupies your mind to that capacity until the end credits hit, it's your deal (time to rework that masturbation schedule?), not the movie's. Now... back to speculating what exactly this scene entails...Huh? You're still here? Uuuh, THE BLACK DAHLIA opens September 15th

:o

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
well brian de palma does go over the top many times...perhaps its a vincent gallo esque type REAL FELLATIO

Or just Scarlett Johannsen nekkid.

I'd probably pass out and miss the rest of the movie.