Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I didn't understand it as two movies for a while after the advertising and promotion began. They did a really poor job conveying that clearly.

Anyone else going to see ATHF:MFFT this weekend?

I thought it was fairly obvious from the get go, I mean the advertising even said watch Planet Terror blah blah blah and than said something like "And after that, get ready for Death Proof in a back to back feature"

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:58 AM)
When are they going to start doing this? I thought they were only doing this in other countries but not the U.S.

Grr... People just gotta see that Blades of Glory movie. Pisses me off, too, because there's really no doubt in my mind that Grindhouse is the better movie. BoG looks a helluva a lot like Talledega Nights only with the 'skating' twist to it.

I saw both, and Grindhouse was much better. That wasn't very surprising.

And you shouldn't compare this movie to Talladega Nights. I actually liked that movie a lot, and Blades of Glory was very meh. I'd probably never watch it again unless it were on TV and I had nothing better to do.

ATHF:MFFT? Can someone help me out here?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)
I saw both, and Grindhouse was much better. That wasn't very surprising.

And you shouldn't compare this movie to Talladega Nights. I actually liked that movie a lot, and Blades of Glory was very meh. I'd probably never watch it again unless it were on TV and I had nothing better to do.

ATHF:MFFT? Can someone help me out here?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Gonna catch "Grindhouse" this afternoon. I noticed the listings for the theatre in Gurnee has Death Proof and Planet Terror separately. I'm assuming that you can see both for the price of 1 or either movie. I better not be told that I have to leave after the first one and pay again like it is rumored.

The theatre in Gurnee, as far as Grindhouse goes, gives you the option of seeing the entire double feature, or either of the movies. All the same price, so not sure who would turn down two movies for the prove of 1. Some people did, because about 6 or 7 people walked in during the trailers before Death Proof.

I liked the Grindhouse experience. I was entertained by both movies, althought Death Proof had too much dialogue at times, but damn, Rosario Dawson makes me feel kind of funny.

I noticed a lot of omages in Death Proof. The long take around the table as the girls eat a la Reservoir Dogs and the Big Kahuna Burger mention.

I think if people understand was Rodruiguez and Tarantino are doing, they will enjoy it. If you are going looking for art and Oscar worthy filmmaking, you are in the wrong movie.

Death Proof came off as a short movie by Tarantino. Car chases were awesome.

FU MANCHU looks like a great character!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tarantino was merely the executive producer of Hostel. Such a title within the film industry is the equivalent of someone with political influence hiring a relative to hold an easy job, yet, still receive a paycheck. I'm sure the filmmakers didn't mind as it allowed them to attach his name to the film.

Far as Grindhouse, would you say Planet Terror was more enjoyable than Death Proof? A friend of mine told me earlier that Death Proof was an incredible letdown.

Death proof sucked.

The best trailer was "Don't" followed by Machete. I nearly lost it with "Don't go into the basement."

I liked Death Proof more than Planet Terror. But both were fun.

I can see why some people would criticize Death Proof. Too much dialogue and dragged. Didn't bother me too much. That is what Tarantino does.

I just saw grindhouse and loved it. I love that they tried to recreate an experience for the audience, though it seems america's rejected it.

As for the movies, I thought Death Proof was much better and truer to the genre. Planet Terror almost seemed like a parody of these types of movies instead of really embracing them, and went over the top to recreate the experience instead of the small things tarrantino did, like when russel bent down and the boom mic didn't catch his dialogue. That said it was hilarious and fun, and rose mcgowan was fantastic in it.

As for the long tarrantino takes, yeah, they are reminiscent of resevoir dogs but I caught something else in it, they really reminded me of late 60's godard films, in its length/long takes and dialogue and the way they captured youth and life in the time period. As well as kurt russel was so phenominal and he got the best out of Rosario Dawson. The car chases were so great as well.

so yeah, this was such a great experience and i'm real glad they did it. It sucks it has bombed at the box office, but hell, clearly something is wrong when wild hogs is the 150th highest grossing film of all time.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 02:23 AM)
I liked Death Proof more than Planet Terror. But both were fun.

I can see why some people would criticize Death Proof. Too much dialogue and dragged. Didn't bother me too much. That is what Tarantino does.

I saw Grindhouse for a second time today, and Death Proof grew on me a bit. The one black girl (the one with the poofy hair) was histerical, and the car chase scene was great. The multiple camera angles on the first crash was very neat, too.

I thought that Grindhouse would have been better if they decided to show Death Proof first. The pacing would have been better. After watching non-stop action in Planet Terror it was a drag to immediately go into a dialog driven first half of Death Proof.

I really loved the awful narrator/voiceover for the Thanksgiving trailer. Could the guy seem less interested?

I just watched the Prestige last night thought it was really good.I think Iam going to have to watch it again cause it was pretty damn hard to follow.What exactly was the role of Scarlett Johansson in their relationships?I didnt really follow who she screwed over.

What exactly was the role of Scarlett Johansson in their relationships?I didnt really follow who she screwed over.

SPOILERS

First she was with Angiers, but when he told her to go away and spy on Borden, she actually got offended and joined Borden. She helped him be more theatrical, since that was his weakness. She also delivered the tricky diary back to Angiers.

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
I just watched the Prestige last night thought it was really good.I think Iam going to have to watch it again cause it was pretty damn hard to follow.What exactly was the role of Scarlett Johansson in their relationships?I didnt really follow who she screwed over.

I watched that this weekend, too.

I thought the plot was really difficult to follow in the middle, but I had it straightened out by the end. Pretty good movie.