Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
man on fire - awesome, awesome flick.

Most disappointing ending to a movie I've ever seen, probably. It was so disappointing because the rest of the movie was so damn good, then it just pissed me off to no end. I went with a few college buddies and we were loving the "payback action" throughout the movie. As soon as the credits began rolling, I said out loud because I was so confused, "That's how it ends?!" About ten other people in the theater looked back and shrugged in agreement.

Anywho, saw Wedding Crashers with my girlfriend last weekend. It was funny, but would've been better without her there because I had to not laugh at certain parts because her best friend is just like the redhead in the movie...a psycho.

Brought my little brother and sister to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yesterday, it was much better than I expected. It kept me entertained the entire time.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Now I feel like a loser. I love the original Bad News Bears but want to see the remake cuz I liked Bad Santa.

LMFAO!!!!!

Bad Santa was f***ing awesome. I got the DVD for it like 2 weeks ago and I havent stopped laughing since.

Earlier tonight I watched Crimson Tide for the 1st time in forever. I forgot what an awesome flick that was.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
LMFAO!!!!!

Bad Santa was f***ing awesome.  I got the DVD for it like 2 weeks ago and I havent stopped laughing since.

Earlier tonight I watched Crimson Tide for the 1st time in forever.  I forgot what an awesome flick that was.

I just love how he dismisses the kids after they tell him what they want.

"Fraggle Stick Car." "What the f*** is that?" "Fraggle Stick Car!"

I just saw Batman Begins last night. Very entertaining movie except for one big plothole for me.

SPOILER alert

When Ra's Al Ghoul and the League of Shadows turns on that water vaporizing machine to enact Scarecrow's toxins in the water -- well, human beings are 70% water. If this machine would vaporize water molecules, then why didn't everybody in Gotham including the League of Shadows explode under the huge pressure?

Saw the Island. Meh. Some good action sequences, Ewan McGregor is hot, but their were some mega plot holes. I also felt like it got really preachy (for whoever was talking about Hollywood only making leftist movies--see this one). Not to mention the "science" behind the film was absolute crap--and my other neuro friend and I almost peed our pants laughing. Oh, and the script got really bad at times. Overall though, I've seen worse and didn't mind spending $5 to see it.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
I just saw Batman Begins last night.  Very entertaining movie except for one big plothole for me.

SPOILER alert

When Ra's Al Ghoul and the League of Shadows turns on that water vaporizing machine to enact Scarecrow's toxins in the water -- well, human beings are 70% water.  If this machine would vaporize water molecules, then why didn't everybody in Gotham including the League of Shadows explode under the huge pressure?

never even thought of that... :huh :lol:

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
I just saw Batman Begins last night.  Very entertaining movie except for one big plothole for me.

SPOILER alert

When Ra's Al Ghoul and the League of Shadows turns on that water vaporizing machine to enact Scarecrow's toxins in the water -- well, human beings are 70% water.  If this machine would vaporize water molecules, then why didn't everybody in Gotham including the League of Shadows explode under the huge pressure?

I think they said something about the wave being concentrated. Plus, it was inside the metal pipes. If that doesn't explain it, I guess you just have to roll with it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
I just love how he dismisses the kids after they tell him what they want.

"Fraggle Stick Car." "What the f*** is that?" "Fraggle Stick Car!"

I laugh every time I think of the scene where the kid opens up his candy and finds a Candy Corn. "They can't all be winners, kid."

Saw Bad News Bears. Pretty funny. The first half was definitely better (before it got all feel good). You can't top kids at Hooters, swearing and playing awful baseball. It was a good laugh and well worth the $5.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
I saw Hitch tonight and it is actually pretty funny.  Kevin James is very funny in it.  I thought it would be pretty boring but i was very surprised.

Seriously? I watched that movie with my girlfriend (for obvious reasons) and even she said it was gay. Her words, not mine. That movie needed much more Kevin James to have even been slightly funny.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
I saw Hitch tonight and it is actually pretty funny.  Kevin James is very funny in it.  I thought it would be pretty boring but i was very surprised.

I also thought I'd hate it, but it was not bad. James and Smith are a decent team and what's her name is so HOT in that film :wub:

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

I just watched John Woo's "Hard Boiled" (1992). Holy f***ing s***.

If you are looking for an amazing amazing amazing amazing action movie -- pick this up. Chow Yun Fat does an amazing job. It is the archetypal renegade cop takes on syndicate (in this case an arms smuggling ring) but it is non-stop action the whole movie.

Some of John Woo's best work (and done before coming to the US because the film would easily get a NC-17 rating if all the action and effects stayed the way they are...and the MPAA being a major reason that Woo's recent offerings have been pretty lackluster compared to his previous offerings in Hong Kong)

Just read that Oliver Stone has a movie in development surrounding the 9/11 attacks. Nicolas Cage and Maggie Gyllenhall are attached.

About firefighters and rescues involved.

I don't think this is a good idea. But maybe I am being too sensitive, when I'm usually not.