Older Soxfest Threads

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 1, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-aboz56+Dec 30, 2004 -> 05:58 PM-->
QUOTE (aboz56 @ Dec 30, 2004 -> 05:58 PM)
<!--QuoteEBegin--> or you could just ride a train in and not pay to park ;)

Well, that was mostly for people that are coming from out of town.

Like me. ;)

I'm coming from out of town, taking the train in from Midway.... ;)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
I didn't see much interest for the

A couple people have emailed/called me.. but don't want to do the hotel dinner again. I'd prefer not to leave the hotel.. but the thought of Gibson's does sound good... :D

I'm going to be gone all next week so if there's an interest in that let me know this week and I'll set it up for Saturday night (the 15th)

FYI.. that would likely be a $50-$70 per person dinner.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
A couple people have emailed/called me.. but don't want to do the hotel dinner again. I'd prefer not to leave the hotel.. but the thought of Gibson's does sound good...  :D

I'm going to be gone all next week so if there's an interest in that let me know this week and I'll set it up for Saturday night (the 15th)

FYI.. that would likely be a $50-$70 per person dinner.

I thought the dinner was a lot of fun, but I can understand the cost being a kick in the teeth :ph34r: Maybe we should try a gathering in someone's room? A BYOB kind of affair?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
I thought the dinner was a lot of fun, but I can understand the cost being a kick in the teeth :ph34r: Maybe we should try a gathering in someone's room?  A BYOB kind of affair?

In someone's room...? :ph34r:

This new SS appears to be a bit freaky.. :unsure:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
In someone's room...?  :ph34r: 

This new SS appears to be a bit freaky..  :unsure:

Now, now... don't knock until you've tried it... :nono

j/k.

Seriously, any other ideas? Hoolihans is connected to the Hyatt, and they are much cheaper, but I don't know how late they are open.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)

j/k.

Seriously, any other ideas?  Hoolihans is connected to the Hyatt, and they are much cheaper, but I don't know how late they are open.

Hoolihans is open fairly late I believe, I went there a few times last year to eat.

The main thing I remember sucking about the bar last year is I hardly got to talk to anyone who was sitting down (mike, iwritecode) because I had nowhere to sit down.

I basically only remember talking to Steff because she was up and about helping me get my picture with Estey.

If we meet up there again we need to find somewhere for people to sit.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)

j/k.

Seriously, any other ideas?  Hoolihans is connected to the Hyatt, and they are much cheaper, but I don't know how late they are open.

How many are really interested in the "family party"..? That kind of sets the time frame. Jim and I don't care either way. Houlihan's is fine. Still gonna be about $40 a person (with drinks and app's). Who from here is intersted..?

And since when are skanks from the local boobie bar considered "fine"?? :lolhitting

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
Hoolihans is open fairly late I believe, I went there a few times last year to eat.

The main thing I remember sucking about the bar last year is I hardly got to talk to anyone who was sitting down (mike, iwritecode) because I had nowhere to sit down.

I basically only remember talking to Steff because she was up and about helping me get my picture with Estey.

If we meet up there again we need to find somewhere for people to sit.

Which is why I suggest getting there earlier than last year for sure. Dinner was late - like 8:30 iirc. If we do that again we should eat at like 6ish.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
I definitely want to meet up, I am going to have two friends with me plus Gage, so as long as they want to go, I am down for just about anything within reason.

I would anticipate a large group so we'll have to make reservations.. I'm sure we can get a # by the end of the week and I'll set things up if H's is good with everyone.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
I would anticipate a large group so we'll have to make reservations.. I'm sure we can get a # by the end of the week and I'll set things up if H's is good with everyone.

Where would we be without the mother of the group?

:wub:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
Someone has to keep your butts out of trouble..  :P

Why do you think I got married in the first place? :P Anyway, yeah H's sounds fine to me. The place honestly doesn't matter that much to me, the company is what makes the night anyway.