*Official* 2005 Soxfest Thread

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
One woman who chastised Williams at last year's SoxFest began her question this year by stating she wasn't going to shake her finger at him once again

Steff is famous. I should of asked for her autograph.

Don't let her read this. She will want you to come massage her, fan her, and feed her grapes. :P

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Steff is famous. I should of asked for her autograph.

Don't let her read this. She will want you to come massage her, fan her, and feed her grapes.

While she was giving all of this love to KW and to Brooks there was this guy behind me swearing at her and stating that she must be reinsdorfs mistress or a relative. This guy probably didnt remember her from last year and probably was thinking, where was that clever witty right minded woman that shook her finger and spoke her mind. I liked her.

I wonder if Steff was able to make it past the crack staff of chicago whitesox security perhaps my dear god did Katie get past. We did resign a certain Mr. Ben freakin Davis. Could she have gotten into line for Ben. If anyone goes to soxfest tomorrow give Ben a heads up before Katie makes her move. Hopefully they have posted some likenesses of her around for fast recognition.

... an excerpt from whitesox.com

One woman who chastised Williams at last year's SoxFest began her question this year by stating she wasn't going to shake her finger at him once again.

Williams quickly recognized her as the lady from Plainfield who yelled at him last year, causing the lady to ask Williams if that's why he moved his family out of their old neighborhood. Williams and his family relocated to Arizona from the Southwest Suburb of Chicago.

That particular woman's previous ire was chalked up as White Sox passion, the same sort of passion that caused Williams to answer back. It's the same sort of intensity that drives Williams to build a World Champion on the South Side.

way to go steff! gettin props on the website :)

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
Addison and I were like, its the infamous Steff, she's so after him today..

Although I don't think she noticed me.

I saw all of you guys, but and I wore a name tag, but no hellos other than my buddy Ian.

Didn't u see me Beastly? I was calling your name all over the Hyatt. :lolhitting

Chicago Sun Times: Speaking at a fan seminar Saturday at SoxFest at the Hyatt Regency, Guillen sounded set on a lineup of Podsednik leading off, followed by shortstop Juan Uribe, right fielder Jermaine Dye, first baseman Paul Konerko, designated hitter Carl Everett, Rowand, catcher A.J. Pierzynski, third baseman Joe Crede and second baseman Willie Harris.

I like this line-up if frank isnt ready this is what I've been saying it should be.

Just got back from the fest.

I was in a room w/ IlliniKrush and CWSGuy and had an absolute blast. Met up w/ steff, southsider, aboz, and jason throughout the weekend.

Got some kickass sox gear at a ridiculously discounted price.

Got hawk's autograph along w/ a picture with him.

Awesome weekend.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
Steff walked right by me as did SS2k4 but at least I'd know how I'd line up against them in the flesh, lol

Aboz isn't so tough like he thinks he is...

Green Font, =)

Why didn't you say Hey?

The fest was a blast. I asked questions at every seminar I went to, and there was a lot of good info, a lot of fun, and even a little alcohol, right guys?

Hey guys...

Wow...that fest was awesome...First off, Beastly, sorry forgot to write down your cell phone number. Anyways, I got my bat filled with autos, many cards, baseballs. It was great. The auto lines made me go to only one seminar. Podsednick is cool as hell.

I met up with Gage for a few second and he was with Aboz. I don't know if anyone else seen me but I had the blue American Eagle hoodie.

Write more later, peace! :headbang