*Official* 2005 Soxfest Thread

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Just wanted to give a few quick observations:

1. Uribe is NOT overweight.

2. I've managed to keep Gage in line, for the most part.

3. Pierzynski seemed to have a great attitude and a lot of good things to say about joining the organization, as did Podsednik.

4. And most importantly, there have been plenty of "fresh nugs" for all at Soxfest.

Posting from the Apple Store on Michigan Ave, so I've gotta go.

aboz

:headbang  :headbang

Aboz, saw you at the fest. I left early...wish I coulda met Jason, met up with my buddy addison...and got a prank phone call from dougly...more to come later

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
Soxfest was awesome.  Did anyone here ask a question at the Q&A session today.  I dont know what anybody looks like.

I know Steff did... :bang

But you know, it was a Kenny Williams love fest! Everyone for the most part really loved Kenny!

Saw Aboz too...but we know how he feels about me...

yeah pauilie really isn't a good enough hitter to bat third, especially given his speed. However, the Oakland fans call Jermaine "Double-Play Dye" so he's rpbably not suited for there either. Maybe Row should go there until frank returns.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
I know Steff did... :bang

But you know, it was a Kenny Williams love fest! Everyone for the most part really loved Kenny!

Saw Aboz too...but we know how he feels about me...

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
I think im going tommorw. Do I need tickets, or can I just go down there and buy them there? what should I do??

I heard tickets for tomorrow are scarce. So it would be pretty risky to wait until you get there to by them.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
And I see that alot of the Auto's are all at 10:15, can I switch stages and get a few differnet guys, or is it pretty much 1 line and your done....??

The lines are huge you will only have enough time to get the autographs at 1 line. I went to get Dye and Podsedniks autos at 10:30 and they didnt let anyone else in line after 10:45. I was one of the last in line.

Dont waste your time getting alot of autographs. Its pretty boring. The 2 seminars i went to were much better.

Kenny remembed Steff from last year. I was at that and the Family matters right before. How gload met his wife was pretty funny and I am sure he is in the doghouse for that one. He made a comment how his wife is older and dated some of his teammates at CSF. She was a softball player and was pretty popular. He stated that "he knew it was good and wanted to get some of that". She tugged on his ear and if he gets near her anytime soon it he will be lucky. I don't know if anyone saw me, I had one of the few babies at Soxfest. My 6th month old son was there to get brainwashed at an early age.

ManSooLee rocks, he was in the garage sale line and was pretty personable. The autograph lines sucked. Willie was rapping to himself.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
How was the Q & A?

Completely different than last year. Kenny had to think he was in a different room. Steff was praising, and KW remembered her. Love for Brooks Boyer. Some old guy behind me made a comment that Steff must be Reisndorf's wife or something. They guy must not of been at soxfest last year. LOL.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
Completely different than last year.  Kenny had to think he was in a different room.  Steff was praising, and KW remembered her.  Love for Brooks Boyer.  Some old guy behind me made a comment that Steff must be Reisndorf's wife or something.  They guy must not of been at soxfest last year.  LOL.

It was a love fest at that seminar today.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
What did Kenny say about Iguchi today

Someone asked about Iguchi and he did his patented under the radar hemming and hawing. I believe they are still talking based on Kenny's reaction, but they must not be right there. You know KW would of loved to have this signing for soxfest.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
When he was asked about Iguchi, did he give that laugh??

He looked around a bit and starting asking about how do we even know if he is good. KW there is this invention called the internet. I suggest you get with it. Then he went into his little rant on how he cant talk about ongoing negotiations. BLAH BLAH BLAH

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Kenny probably thought it was a sneak attack.  That Steff was lulling him in, only to have a gang of soxtalk posters take him down.

ss2k4, me, addisonsox, and aboz would pin him and then steff would b**** slap him, lol