Pablo Ozuna

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
In my latest issue of Baseball America, it says Pablo Ozuna is batting .344 with 3 homers and 18 rbi's, but more importantly he has 24 stolen bases in 184 at bats in the Domican League.  That sick.  This guy should beat Valdez for the Utility spot.

Sounds good. :headbang

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Any chance this kid could out perform Willie for 2B or will he strictly be a back up?

I don't think Kid should be used by anyone other than Ozzie to describe Ozuna. --- He's older than Willie. He's one of those guys who aged more than a few years overnight. He's about 30

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Any chance this kid could out perform Willie for 2B or will he strictly be a back up?

No chance in hell. I know there are a lot of Willie bashes but the guy hit .270 and had an OBP of almost .340, which was a LOT better than other players we had last season. If someone's going to replace Willie as the veryday 2B, it'll be Iguchi, Castillo or Durham. And I wouldn't count much into those Dominican Stats either.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
I don't think Kid should be used by anyone other than Ozzie to describe Ozuna.  --- He's older than Willie.  He's one of those guys who aged more than a few years overnight.  He's about 30

Ya, i remember cerb saying he was a good prospect until he suddenly aged four to six years over night.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
No chance in hell. I know there are a lot of Willie bashes but the guy hit .270 and had an OBP of almost .340, which was a LOT better than other players we had last season. If someone's going to replace Willie as the veryday 2B, it'll be Iguchi, Castillo or Durham. And I wouldn't count much into those Dominican Stats either.

DBAH0, you're killing me over here. :headshake

Willie hit .262 with a .343 OBP...in the neighborhood of .270, but not quite there, and he was above that .340 clip.

More importantly(to me atleast), he hit .279 .366 .701 against RHP last year. I'm not sure there is a reason at all he should not start against RHP...save the money we are offering to Iguchi and use it on someone at the deadline.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
DBAH0, you're killing me over here.  :headshake

Willie hit .262 with a .343 OBP...in the neighborhood of .270, but not quite there, and he was above that .340 clip.

More importantly(to me atleast), he hit .279 .366 .701 against RHP last year.  I'm not sure there is a reason at all he should not start against RHP...save the money we are offering to Iguchi and use it on someone at the deadline.

Meh I was close enough, only going off the top of my head here. But yeah if the Sox aren't going to sign Iguchi, at least try to sign an infielder who can hit LHP, Miggy Cairo was that guy, but he'll be at Shea Stadium in 2005.