Are the Bulls for real?

Will the Bulls make the postseason?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bulls make the postseason?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not only will they make it, they'll make a championship run

The real question mark I have about them right now is their zone defense. I think eventually other teams are going to find out how to score effectively on it. Of course with the upcoming road games next month, the Bulls need to go on a mini run here, and Skiles knows that, he ain't going to ease up on them anytime soon.

they are for real, they will win 47 games, putting them around 6th, they will upset someone in the first round, and then who knows.

p.s. whoever said they wouldnt post on soxtalk for a month if the bulls made the playoffs, i havent forgotten you.

after the feb road trip, i will then figure out the bulls are at.

what gets me is sometimes the coach gets carried way when the team is not doing to well, whether it is a win or not. i don't know, a heavy handed approach get old.

scott has done a great job and has given the fans of chi something to hope and look to, but i can see the team rebel against him. maybe not this season, but i do see it.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
I highly highly highly doubt this team would rebel against Skiles.

They are finally trusting him, and look where he is leading them.  There is no reason for them to rebel against him, what has he done to them?

any person will get tired of severe judgement.

as i said maybe not this season but it can get old.

scott deserve all the credit and should be there for the eventual rewards.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
i think he was saying in a couple of years... kind of like the suns.. players can only take a hardass like Skiles for so long.

thanks.

i forget where i was reading this, some sports mag was saying that the bulls, even though they are doing great, some players may get enuf of his heavy handed approach. this mag even said that scott like doug collins is a great teacher, but may not have the make up to take the team to the next level, b/c all he knows is a heavy handed approach. what gets me is that they even mention phil jackson as a good candiate to come in and finish off the job that scott did, very much like he did with doug collins.

They can make the playoffs no doubt. They can even move up the ladder I think. The key is their balance and conditioning. They have a lot of guys who have never played a full NBA season playing in key positions. Now these guys are going to start hitting the wall potentially. Hopefully Skiles has these guys in shape for 82 games. I have been happy to see how Skiles has kept his rotations deep and doesn't have too many guys playing tons of minutes, instead rotation lots of guys for a decent amount of minutes.

Plus the D these guys play is just awesome. They fly around the floor and don't let you have an uncontested shot.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
dont see 47 games happening and in the east, that would get you around a top 5 seeding...Bulls will probably make the playoffs, but will get knocked out in the first or second, depends on seeding. If they get the 6 slot, they should make the second round because they would face a Atlantic division team

Yeah, whoever makes that 6th spot will be better off than the 4 or 5 because of that Atlantic Division

QUOTE(raff @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
they are for real, they will win 47 games, putting them around 6th, they will upset someone in the first round, and then who knows.

p.s. whoever said they wouldnt post on soxtalk for a month if the bulls made the playoffs, i havent forgotten you.

47 wins they will have the 3rd to fifth seed. That is how bad the easteren conference is.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
47 wins they will have the 3rd to fifth seed. That is how bad the easteren conference is.

I can almost guarentee it won't be the 3rd seed. That will go to the division champ with the lowest amount of wins between the 3 divisional winners. That almost for sure will be the Atlantic winner.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
I can almost guarentee it won't be the 3rd seed.  That will go to the division champ with the lowest amount of wins between the 3 divisional winners.  That almost for sure will be the Atlantic winner.

True, it will most likely be the fourth though if they won 47 games. I just don't see them winning 47 games. I guess it is possible, but they have to have a decent month this month, not even a winning month just something acceptable.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Hell defense wins Championships and stat wise the Bulls are the #1 defensive team in the NBA, enough said.

Stat wise San Antonio is the best defensive team.

Bulls Opponents .410 FG% 91.2 PPG

Spurs Opponents .415 FG% 86.1 PPG

PPG allowed is more important.

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Stat wise San Antonio is the best defensive team.

Bulls Opponents  .410 FG%  91.2 PPG

Spurs Opponents .415 FG%  86.1 PPG

PPG allowed is more important.

I go strictly by FG% because the PPG could come from O-Reb, and FT, and because the Bulls are #1 in FG%. Opp. FG% shows that you're forcing them to take tough shots and not giving them any open looks.