Joe Borchard

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Read too fast.

So how long do you give him until you would consider him a bust?  :huh:

The best way I can answer your question is that it's time for Joe Crede to show us something. He's about used up his window of opportunity.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
It was mentioned that he would be tried out as closer. It was never said he was gonna be as good as gagne, foulke smoltz, etc.

Also, everett can play left field ? Or have yuou never watched a game he has played or looked at facts? He can play left field and is losted as a left fielder on other sites than just mlb.com. Some places just list him as of because he can play every outfield position or has in the past. What do you not understand?

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he not going to make the Pirates out of ST when we got him? I think we got some steal!

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he not going to make the Pirates out of ST when we got him? I think we got some steal!

There were rumors that Marte was going to get waived, and the Sox wanted to make sure they got him, as there was significant other interest in Marte.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
JOe Bochard will be in the lineup at RF by May/June Time.. bank on it.

You lost all credibility right there.

In order for Borch to even sniff the starting RF job the following guys would have to get hurt first.

Dye

Everett

Timo

Gload

Harris

Escobar

...and even then it's questionable they'd let him start. I realize it was in green but knowing your views you might seriously think that.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)

In order for Borch to even sniff the starting RF job the following guys would have to get hurt first.

Dye

Everett

Timo

Gload

Harris

Escobar

...and even then it's questionable they'd let him start. I realize it was in green but knowing your views you might seriously think that.

I didn't even get his comment. Why is it in green? :unsure: What the hell was his point?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
I am not the one who flip flops..Your saying that RS made a bad trade for JM I prove you wrong with your own logic.. and I am flip flopping!! Stop I need a tissue from laughing so hard.

The point was we gave up Dave Wickman, for steve Sax.. I guess you still can't figure that out.

OOO no I getting ignored by you.. big deal I don't have to have reponses from a 2 year old.. oo no.. Keep Kissing the GM ass..without people like you we could have a GM who knows how to build a team.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great stuff.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)

Dye

Everett

Timo

Gload

Harris

Escobar

I didn't know he even had any credibility to begin with.

Dye

Everett

Timo

Gload

Harris

Escobar

Well Dye, will get hurt sometime during the season, Carla is a DH, Timo could share time with Escobar.. BUt come on I lost credibility.. you mentioned Gload and Harris in RF.. are you kidding me, this isn't your PS2. BOTH suck in the OF.. I know you have a hard on for willie, and to each his own, but to say that he starts over bochard.. is just plain nuts.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
The only time I don't is when I am off the baord.. otherwise.. the board is finally Creditable with me here.. :headbang

Creditable-Deserving of often limited praise or commendation

So yeah, your posts are deserving of a very limited amount of praise for sure. Unfortunatley you are arguing against someone who is credible-Worthy of confidence; reliable. Which doesnt bode well for your argument.

the board is finally Creditable with me here.. :headbang

Disagree, and IMO you think too highly of yourself. Besides, it's credible, not creditable ... but I am not perfect with spelling and grammar either.

As for Everett, he will not be exclusively a DH this year, despite your ongoing pronouncements that he can't play OF. He is not a great outfielder by any means but he is average in LF and RF. I would say he is below average in CF, but the Sox have better options there anyway.

Borchard is also well below average in RF. He gets poor reads on balls and his range in limited. He tries hard and is by all accounts a good guy but he is just not fluid out there. And let's not even talk about his struggles with the bat.

Decisions in the outfield will need to be made when Thomas comes back. This will depend on how the starters are playing, what kind of year Everett is having, how Timo Perez does as a reserve, and whether Escobar or Alvarez show they are ready.

I agree with you that Gload is a non factor as an OF and should be used there only in absolute emergencies.

Disagree, and IMO you think too highly of yourself.  Besides, it's credible, not creditable ... but I am not perfect with spelling and grammar either.

As for Everett, he will not be exclusively a DH this year, despite your ongoing pronouncements that he can't play OF.  He is not a great outfielder by any means but he is average in LF and RF.  I would say he is below average in CF, but the Sox have better options there anyway.

Borchard is also well below average in RF.  He gets poor reads on balls and his range in limited.  He tries hard and is by all accounts a good guy but he is just not fluid out there.  And let's not even talk about his struggles with the bat.

Decisions in the outfield will need to be made when Thomas comes back.  This will depend on how the starters are playing, what kind of year Everett is having, how Timo Perez does as a reserve, and whether Escobar or Alvarez show they are ready.

I agree with you that Gload is a non factor as an OF and should be used there only in absolute emergencies.

Jim, I can't stand Joe B, for all I care he should be Jimmy's hotdog holder so his lungs could push the "HOT DOGS across the whole stadium.. IMO.

I also watched Carla play the Field and was not very impressed, I say him and Bochard are neckl and neck.. Bochard gives his all and not very good, Everett.. just doesn't give it all IMO

IMO, I would rather have Alex get some starts in Triple-A, I think in 2 years he might be ready to take over with Rowand and Anderson! :headbang

I would rather use a pitcher in the OF than Gload, but that is just me

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 03:07 AM)
Jim, I can't stand Joe B, for all I care he should be Jimmy's hotdog holder so his lungs could push the "HOT DOGS across the whole stadium.. IMO.

I also watched Carla play the Field and was not very impressed,  I say him and Bochard are neckl and neck.. Bochard gives his all and not very good, Everett.. just doesn't give it all IMO

IMO, I would rather have Alex get some starts in Triple-A, I think in 2 years he might be ready to take over with Rowand and Anderson!  :headbang

Are you basing your statement on Everett not being able to play the OF on his play last season, when he had an injured quad all season and wasn't 100% healthy?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
The only time I don't is when I am off the baord.. otherwise.. the board is finally Creditable with me here.. :headbang

Word of advice. I know you don't want to make friends around here and you are posting to give us your opinion, which you are entitled too, but coming up with statements like that is only going to set you up for a personal attack from someone, and we don't need that.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Well Dye, will get hurt sometime during the season,  Carla is a DH, Timo could share time with Escobar.. BUt come on I lost credibility.. you mentioned Gload and Harris in RF.. are you kidding me, this isn't your PS2. BOTH suck in the OF.. I know you have a hard on for willie, and to each his own, but to say that he starts over bochard.. is just plain nuts.

I don't want to see Gload in the outfield either but I'd throw him out there before I'd start Borch in right. As far as willie goes, I'm sure jeckle means willie in center and aaron in right.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 03:12 AM)
I don't want to see Gload in the outfield either but I'd throw him out there before I'd start Borch in right.  As far as willie goes, I'm sure jeckle means willie in center and aaron in right.

It depends on what Ozzie would prefer. Having a better AB in the lineup, over someone who is majornally better defensively in the outfield. You could always replace Gload in the late innings too.

I also watched Carla play the Field and was not very impressed,  I say him and Bochard are neckl and neck.. Bochard gives his all and not very good, Everett.. just doesn't give it all IMO

IMO, I would rather have Alex get some starts in Triple-A, I think in 2 years he might be ready to take over with Rowand and Anderson!  :headbang

This is a good post.

None of my business as I am not a mod here but if you posted more like this you would be much more accepted and things would be less cantankerous for you here.

I agree with you on Borchard. I have met him, he is a good guy, a solid citizen and he works very hard. He may have a breakthrough but I feel it's best at this point he gets a crack at another organization. At the very most I think he will be a scaled down version of Jeremy Burnitz. But I don't think he'll get there. He just isn't fluid, and his swing from the left side has huge holes and on the right side it's flat out awful. If he makes something out of his baseball career it will be because of sheer determination.

On Everett ... I cannot totally disagree with you but my opinion of him is a little better than yours. It's up to Carl. He needs to be in shape and by all accounts he's getting there. Some guys are athletically gifted and as they get older they need to train better. I think that's Carl. Also this is a contract year for him.

On Escobar and Alvarez, I know Escobar is out of options so they have a decision to make on him. These players are also on the spot, similar to Borchard. They are all 26 going on 27. Time to shed the "potential" tag. The way the team is situated at present, there may be a spot for one of them as a RH hitter off the bench, particularly with Thomas out. But as you suggest there may be some value for each guy to get tons of time at Charlotte. At the very worst it may give the Sox a Plan B for 2006, but that's too far ahead right now. These guys have natural talent ... it's time to show it.

Cannot disagree at all on Gload. Very good at 1B. I see nothing wrong with giving him some OF time in spring training to see if he's improved but even still, he is IMO only an emergency option out there or a guy for blowout game situations.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
I don't want to see Gload in the outfield either but I'd throw him out there before I'd start Borch in right.  As far as willie goes, I'm sure jeckle means willie in center and aaron in right.

Exactly...

I'm glad someone figured it out.

The point is Joe Borchard isn't coming back as a starting RF. I'm not saying he might not be a bench player or late inning replacement if an injury occurs but we won't be the starter. There are just too many players ahead of him.