Gameday!! Indians vs. White Sox 4-6-05

Capn12

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
Think about this.

How many times last year were we in these big offensive battles with the Injuns.  Now we shut down their offense  and we cant score.  The irony is frightening.

Yes. As shaky as Freddie looked today, he still got a quality start. All for naught at this point.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
Pop out bunt attempt.  1 out.  Marte coming in for Vizcaino.

Marte better bend over on his fastball and not pull the short arming crap I saw him do down in Arizona and last year. I dont know what the hell happened with this guy, he has got FILTHY FILTHY stuff. But he got into some funk last year that he short arms the fastball and it sails.

follow through Marte they cant hit you.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
Think about this.

How many times last year were we in these big offensive battles with the Injuns.  Now we shut down their offense  and we cant score.  The irony is frightening.

Two games in a row is the frightening part...

It's early...It's early...But still...s***...

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
At least our team ERA is 1.00. :D

Actually that is a bright point. We finally have pitching, but now we have lost our offense. It's like that Carmax commercial when they talk about dealers. You'll save on one part, but you'll pay more for something else. We either have good pitching with no hitting, or good hitting with no pitching. Damnit, why can't we just get the CarMax car???!!!......I am glad to see we actually have pitching though.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
i can not believe how few people are there, what the f*** is wrong with you chicagioans?

We'll be at 52 games this year.. how many will you be attending?

Its funny that you mention the team ERA Mreye, but why is it that everyone freaked out about how bad Freddy pitched at first, then once he started cruising it got quiet, then everyone moved onto the offense...

The Sox pitching has been incredible so far, which was the main thing everyone seemed to be scared of, but no one seems to care.

Everyone has said the offense will be fine, but is freaking out about it.

Why all of the negative focus?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Belliard steals 2nd base.  Pierzynski has no arm.

Meh -- you gotta admit, even Pudge didn't have much of a chance there. Marte sucks at holding runners on, but I'll take that with how well he usually pitches...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Marte better bend over on his fastball and not pull the short arming crap I saw him do down in Arizona and last year.  I dont know what the hell happened with this guy, he has got FILTHY FILTHY stuff.  But he got into some funk last year that he short arms the fastball and it sails. 

follow through Marte they cant hit you.

I've noticed that. He kind of floats it over now instead getting full arm extension in there. When he follows through, he is probably one of the best if not the best setup men in the game.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Which is my point... People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I read some previous posts about going to jail or something (I think that's him) and he sounds like a weirdo :P , but I think it's cool to have fans that far away...

Gotta respect that since there's a few teams to choose from in Cali...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Its funny that you mention the team ERA Mreye, but why is it that everyone freaked out about how bad Freddy pitched at first, then once he started cruising it got quiet, then everyone moved onto the offense...

The Sox pitching has been incredible so far, which was the main thing everyone seemed to be scared of, but no one seems to care.

Everyone has said the offense will be fine, but is freaking out about it.

Why all of the negative focus?

Personally, SS2K, I've been really worried about the offense since before the season -- I have much more faith in our staff/bullpen than in our offense.

It's just simple -- we lose two guys who gave us (around) 60/200 each year, and have replaced them with guys who will give us 45 (being nice there)/115. I realize we upgraded at C/2B, but it's going to be real hard to replace what Carlos and Mags gave us.

3-0 on a Hafner double.