Uribe Sac Flies

LostInBoston

I've said it before. If uribe can do anything with that swing of his, its hit sac flys. With the way he drops down to his knees to swing, he can get it into the outfield everytime. If i need a sac fly, i want juan up.

:lol:

Wait a minute. The guy has 3 hits tonight and we're talkin' about sac flies?

The groin gets 3 SBs, everyone's on their frickin' knees. Uribe gets 3 hits, and we're talkin' about sac flies?

Dudes, hits are better than sac flies. Uribe's da man!

Edited by ISF

Wait a minute. The guy has 3 hits tonight and we're talkin' about sac flies?

The groin gets 3 SBs, everyone's on their frickin' knees. Uribe gets 3 hits, and we're talkin' about sac flies?

Dudes, hits are better than sac flies.  Uribe's da man!

I admire Uribe's performance but Podsednik's 2 singles, 3 BB's, and 3 SB's is more impressive in my book. That's something we haven't had in a long time -- a true leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
The groin

I'm sorry but that is the DUMBEST nickname I have ever seen.

EDIT: As for Juan and his sac flies, it seems when he has a job to do he makes sure just to make contact and not over swing. A lot of times in regular situations he pulls off the ball cause he's swinging so hard, he stays on the pitch much longer when he has a job to do.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 06:35 AM)
I'm sorry but that is the DUMBEST nickname I have ever seen.

That's fine, it's not for your entertainment. I will be using it until I feel like calling him Pud again.

:bringit

Of course the groin's game was more impressive. But that's what it is....one game.

As for Uribe, my point wasn't about comparing him to the groin. My point was that the guy had 3 hits and people are talking about sac flies. That's like the groin getting his 3 SBs and people discussing his fine character in the clubhouse. :huh:

QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
That's fine, it's not for your entertainment. I will be using it until I feel like calling him Pud again.

:bringit

Of course the groin's game was more impressive. But that's what it is....one game.

As for Uribe, my point wasn't about comparing him to the groin. My point was that the guy had 3 hits and people are talking about sac flies. That's like the groin getting his 3 SBs and people discussing his fine character in the clubhouse. :huh:

So he deserves a hokey nickname over a minor injury that costs him 5 games, when he hasn't been hurt at all in his career? Where is the correlations there?

He is my official whipping boy, because I don't think we should have traded Lee. :whip

He will be my whipping boy until I'm convinced he isn't a .240 hitting version of Willie Harris. If he has a good year, I'll tip my hat and give him his due.

He is my official whipping boy, because I don't think we should have traded Lee. :whip

He will be my whipping boy until I'm convinced he isn't a .240 hitting version of Willie Harris. If he has a good year, I'll tip my hat and give him his due.

If you haven't already seen that he's clearly better than Willie Harris (plate approach and ability to steal bases) ... look closer. It's pretty obvious.

I think Carlos Lee is a major talent and I wasn't thrilled losing him either, but that's no reason to trash Podsednik, or Vizcaino for that matter.

But, to each their own.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
If you haven't already seen that he's clearly better than Willie Harris (plate approach and ability to steal bases) ... look closer.  It's pretty obvious.

I think Carlos Lee is a major talent and I wasn't thrilled losing him either, but that's no reason to trash Podsednik, or Vizcaino for that matter.

But, to each their own.

Oh, I agree he's better than Willie. I've already said so. But that's hardly an accomplishment.

And I am not trashing Pud (he's having another nice game, so I'll upgrade him from "the groin"). Call me cynical. Kenny Lofton has ruined me on quick starting leadoff men.

I like Vizcaino, not his fault Ozzie is still learning how to use a bullpen.

I see Uribe is back over .300 now. And I want to point this out to Anthrax, just because of the whole reason for not liking the Uribe deal.

HOME - .174/.185/.348

AWAY - .346/.367/.462

So much for that theory even though it is still early. Even more reason to believe Uribe could still improve on his numbers looking at those stats.