Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Why, because Kenny is end all, be all?

Need I remind you of how many times we've made the playoffs in his tenure? 

Timo should go down.  Not Ozuna.  Timo.  Not Harris.  Timo.

I know your not trying to do this but lets not make this a Kenny Williams thread cause that could get even uglier then this one already is.

Why, because Kenny is end all, be all?

Need I remind you of how many times we've made the playoffs in his tenure? 

Timo should go down.  Not Ozuna.  Timo.  Not Harris.  Timo.

The end all be all is Reinsdorf. Kenny is a distant second. Maybe Timo should be the one to go but he won't. His guaranteed contract and no minor league options indicates that. Then we look to Willie and Ozuna. Ozuna can play more positions than Willie, has no minor league options left, and is a righty bat. Willie can only play 2B and CF, has options left, and is a lefty bat. Is it obvious now who will be sent down?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:47 AM)
I know your not trying to do this but lets not make this a Kenny Williams thread cause that could get even uglier then this one already is.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound that way. I'm totally happy with how he's assembled our team this year -- at least, the pitching side. No complaints from me.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)

It wouldn't be that bad anthrax is not around.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:47 AM)
The end all be all is Reinsdorf.  Kenny is a distant second.  Maybe Timo should be the one to go but he won't.  His guaranteed contract and no minor league options indicates that.  Then we look to Willie and Ozuna.  Ozuna can play more positions than Willie, has no minor league options left, and is a righty bat.  Willie can only play 2B and CF, has options left, and is a lefty bat.  Is it obvious now who will be sent down?

If money isn't an issue -- which Kenny told us it isn't -- then Timo should/will be the one sent down.

G'night, fellas.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
He wasn;t his best. I'll grant you that.  He still got totally shafted though.

He got 7 runs of support. Most pitchers would love to get shafted like that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Sorry.  I didn't mean to sound that way.  I'm totally happy with how he's assembled our team this year -- at least, the pitching side.  No complaints from me.

Like I said I knew you weren't trying to do that I just didn't want tonight to get uglier then it already is.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
The end all be all is Reinsdorf.  Kenny is a distant second.  Maybe Timo should be the one to go but he won't.  His guaranteed contract and no minor league options indicates that.  Then we look to Willie and Ozuna.  Ozuna can play more positions than Willie, has no minor league options left, and is a righty bat.  Willie can only play 2B and CF, has options left, and is a lefty bat.  Is it obvious now who will be sent down?

Dude, you seriously need to STFU about KW. He put together a team that is best in baseball right now and you still find a way to bash him. This is getting old REAL fast.

How about we do a few things here...

#1 - Get over the loss. Hey, it happens, will happen alot more this year too!

#2 - Enough of this Willie vs. Ozuna s***. Who cares? They both made bad plays tonight, along with a host of others. We will still play a MLB game tomorrow.

#3 - Stop this incessant name calling. You have a different opinion than someone else? Great! Thats what is so good about tehse boards. But just because you do, doesnt give you the right to pull the "holier than thou" act and throw derogatory comments at other posters. Stop that s***, theres no room for it.

#4 - Breathe....relax....we can still win teh series tomorrow. Garcia on the bump in a role he shines in, day game starter.

#5 - Worry about the roster moves concerning Frank Thomas when Frank Thomas is actually semi-close to playing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
To be honest, we need Ozuna a hell of a lot more than Willie.  We need a righty versatile player off the bench, as well as a backup SS. I'll be a happy man if I never have to see Willie play SS again.

Second time in one week Willie's error has occured during a crucial moment in a game.

Whether he's pressing himself or not, the ground ball which ran under his glove was moving slower than Durazo. Not excuse to justify his error.

I'm equally upset with Dye, who had been patrolling RF for years and should have known how to obstruct the lights.

If money isn't an issue -- which Kenny told us it isn't -- then Timo should/will be the one sent down.

G'night, fellas.

We're already paying Ben Davis $1 million to play for Charlotte. No way is Reinsdorf going to pay Timo's $1 million off to become a free agent when Willie can be sent down at no cost.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
He got 7 runs of support.  Most pitchers would love to get shafted like that.

Wasn;t the bats that shafted him.

Like I said earlier. Dye and the Umps ran a train on him with terrible calls and errors.

Dude, you seriously need to STFU about KW.  He put together a team that is best in baseball right now and you still find a way to bash him.  This is getting old REAL fast.

I'm not bashing him at all. What are you talking about? :huh: All I'm saying is that Willie will be the one sent down when Frank is healthy. I don't see us cutting Timo and Reinsdorf paying off the rest of his contract when Ben Davis is already making $1 million playing for Charlotte.

Money does not matter:

If Harris is sent down, they still pay Harris, Ozuna, Timo

If Timo is sent down, they still pay Harris, Ozuna, Timo

If Ozuna is sent down, " " " " " "

So if the money is the same, and they determine that Harris or Ozuna is more valuable than Timo to winning games, what reason would they keep Timo?

SB

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)

Like I said earlier.  Dye and the Umps ran a train on him with terrible calls and errors.

Dye dropped a fly ball. It happens. Even to the best outfielders. See Torii Hunter.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:50 AM)

Like I said earlier.  Dye and the Umps ran a train on him with terrible calls and errors.

Buehrle got a 3 run lead twice in this game, including one heading into the bottom of the 7th. Out of everyone being blamed tonight, his on-field performance was the single thing that cause the Sox to lose. He couldn't get his pitches down tonight, and the A's were able to just serve the ball into the outfield against him. If Hermanson really was able to go tonight, I would have loved to see Vizcaino start the 7th though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
Buehrle got a 3 run lead twice in this game, including one heading into the bottom of the 7th.  Out of everyone being blamed tonight, his on-field performance was the single thing that cause the Sox to lose.  He couldn't get his pitches down tonight, and the A's were able to just serve the ball into the outfield against him.  If Hermanson really was able to go tonight, I would have loved to see Vizcaino start the 7th though.

Yes. Buehrle has to take some of the responsibility for tonight's loss. No doubt.

Money does not matter:

If Harris is sent down, they still pay Harris, Ozuna, Timo

If Timo is sent down, they still pay Harris, Ozuna, Timo

If Ozuna is sent down, "    "      "      "        "      "

So if the money is the same, and they determine that Harris or Ozuna is more valuable than Timo to winning games, what reason would they keep Timo?

SB

If Ozuna is sent down, he would have to clear waivers first because he has no options left, and would likely be claimed by another team.

Timo has no options left and would have to accept his demotion to the minors and we would be paying him $1 million to play for Charlotte just like Ben Davis.

Willie can be freely optioned to Charlotte because he has minor league options left.

The choice is obvious.