Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but that's the lamest f***ing comeback in these types of arguments.  I guarantee you that there'are a TON of people that could do a better job than a lot of the managers in MLB.  If you honestly think that letting Buehrle start that inning against two righties was a smart decision, then I don't know what to say.

You would be b****ing if the Sox were 20-0 right now. :headshake

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
No offense, but that's the lamest f***ing comeback in these types of arguments.  I guarantee you that there'are a TON of people that could do a better job than a lot of the managers in MLB.  If you honestly think that letting Buehrle start that inning against two righties was a smart decision, then I don't know what to say.

I believe the answer to Ozzie's decision is related to Hermanson's apparent unavailability. Ozzie must have been hoping to use Vizcaino in Hermanson's role in the 8th inning.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)

Don't you have Ozuna to promote some more? I don't want to make this a pissing contest, but you've sure been quiet tonight compared to last night when Ozuna was doing good.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)

I would...its f***ing stupid to have Dye in the 5 hole. Managers make mistakes, but what Ozzie is doing in regards to Dye is retarded. Crede is hitting the ball, move him up to the 5 spot and drop Dye to the 9 hole. I'd even suggest swapping Rowand with Dye if the Sox don't want Crede in that pressure spot, but at the same time Rowand isn't exactly clobbering the ball either.

Regardless, Dye hitting in the 5 hole is moronic.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)

Honestly, Ozzie does lack some of the nuts-and-bolts aspects of managing a ballgame. But still, he's at the beginning of his 2nd year EVER managing. There's just some things that you have to learn after a few years of experiencing it.

That being said, I think what Ozzie lacks in tactical plays, he makes up for in enthusiasm and making the team play more relaxed, playing loose, and having fun. You can learn how to manage, but you can't teach enthusiasm.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Best third base coach in baseball? Get back to the game Hawk, you shouldn't be on soxtalk! He is probably better than Dale Svuem though

Thank-you. Passed balls and missed throws havemade Cora look a lot better than he is.