Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more lefties in the lineup, the better. Harden has a tendancy to walk lefties much more than righties. So far this year, he's walked 6 LHB, but 0 RHB. So if we fill the lineup with LHB, and actually try to be patient hitters for one game, it could pay dividends.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
The more lefties in the lineup, the better.  Harden has a tendancy to walk lefties much more than righties.  So far this year, he's walked 6 LHB, but 0 RHB.  So if we fill the lineup with LHB, and actually try to be patient hitters for one game, it could pay dividends.

The only flaw with that theory is we don't take walks. :)

IMO, our fastball hitters should start today, mainly Konerko. Harden overpowers guys and isn't that much of a "pitcher" yet (meaning he just blows people away). The guys that make good contact should cause him trouble, and would be good for us because they'll run up Harden's pitch count. Therefore, I think Pierzynski is probably the key to today's game because it seems as though Harden has a bit of trouble with lefties, and Pierzynski make a ton of contact and is hard to strike out. As much as everyone wants to see harris start, I think Iguchi is a better idea...he works the count a bit better than willie, IMO. With that being said, here's what I think the lineup should look like:

Pods LF

Iguchi 2B

Everett DH

Konerko 1B

Rowand CF

Pierzynski C

Crede 3B

Timo RF

Uribe SS

Basically, play pretty much all of the regulars, with Dye being the obvious exception...he couldn't catch up to Juan Cruz's fastball last night, I don't even want to imagine him taking cuts at Harden's. However, I don't necessarily think it'll be lefties that are of the utmost importance of getting to harden. I think it's veteran hitters/tough guys to strikeout that will run Harden out of the game before Buerhle and the Sox hopefully getting to the A's bullpen with a tie or the lead. This is probably our best chance to win today's game, so I'd keep a close eye on Harden's pitch count.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:42 AM)
May even see Ozuna in at 3B tbh because Crede wasn't loooking too good on the bases before he came out. The you have:

According to the Trib...Crede was pulled in the 7th last night due to a bruised forearm...maybe from when he got pelted by Zito earlier in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sitting tonight, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays through it either.

I'd say that tonight isn't a good night to play around with your lineup much; if Harden is their best pitcher, we should put our best hitters in the game and hope that at least 1 of them is good enough to get the job done. You can't play righty-lefty matchups on everything for an entire season.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Just for s***s and giggles....and to hear everyone argue

Pods LF

Iguchi 2B

Everett RF

Konerko 1B

Rowand CF

Pierzynski C

Crede 3B

Uribe SS

Harris DH

Harris as DH?! Are you s***ting me?

Dye sat the other day. He's due for a big day and he needs to play his way through his current slump.

I think this game will be won with our speed and with us scratching and clawing fora couple runs. I dont think we're losing anything by not having Dye or Timo in the lineup. Willie is hitting better, he's a lefty and he is faster. It's a crazy propostion and pretty unrealistic I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I have been thinking Dye is due for awhile now too...I guess it's possible he breaks out of his slump against Harden, but not very likely.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
I think this game will be won with our speed and with us scratching and clawing fora couple runs.  I dont think we're losing anything by not having Dye or Timo in the lineup.  Willie is hitting better, he's a lefty and he is faster.  It's a crazy propostion and pretty unrealistic I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I have been thinking Dye is due for awhile now too...I guess it's possible he breaks out of his slump against Harden, but not very likely.

I could see throwing him in there as 2B but not as DH. Everett was downright scary in the outfield and I dont want to see him out there any time soon. Let him do his job at DH and let Willie play 2b if we really need the lefty bat in the lineup.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
I could see throwing him in there as 2B but not as DH.  Everett was downright scary in the outfield and I dont want to see him out there any time soon.  Let him do his job at DH and let Willie play 2b if we really need the lefty bat in the lineup.

Everett in the outfield was my only downside to the lineup, but I'd be willing to take the risk with Buehrle pitching. I like Iguchi's approach and his speed so I didn't want to sacrifice him out of the lineup.

Ah whatever...what I really want is a win any way we can get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
This game is going to be a sheer joy to watch.

I agree! Tonight's one of those games where it almost feels like Gm 1 of the playoffs! Let's go Mark and :gosox1:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
Harris as DH?!  Are you s***ting me?

Dye sat the other day.  He's due for a big day and he needs to play his way through his current slump.

Not tonight against Harden....I have a gut feeling Timo will take him deep tonight!

Personally, I'd like to keep Pauly in the line-up. Like somebody already said, he's a fastball hitter and it might be good for him to face somebody who isn't just throwing junk up there.

Plus, he had a nice hit on his last at-bat last night. I'd like to see him build on that.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 06:42 AM)
May even see Ozuna in at 3B tbh because Crede wasn't loooking too good on the bases before he came out. The you have:

Pods LF

Willie 2B

Everett DH

Rowand CF

AJ C

Timo RF

Uribe SS

Ozuna 3B

Gload 1B

Well, those people at least, maybe not those positions in the Batting Order.

Why don't the Sox start ALL their bench guys while we're at it?

C'mon.

Let them use the starters. This game tonight will be the toughest this season outside of the Santana game.