kruk called us out.

doUrememberwhen

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
If you mean move the team then...... :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

If not many people are supporting it in a huge market, then there is no point. You could just watch them on tv. Seriously, there is no point for JR to have a team here if no one is going for a first place team off to it's best start in it's history. You could still watch them on tv(I don't mean you in particular) and it wouldn't change a thing except you would actually see people there.

Honestly, Cub fans don't make excuses and they are the most dumbest fans you'll find on the face of the earth. I think it may be time for JR to move.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
If not many people are supporting it in a huge market, then there is no point. You could just watch them on tv. Seriously, there is no point for JR to have a team here if no one is going for a first place team off to it's best start in it's history. You could still watch them on tv(I don't mean you in particular) and it wouldn't change a thing except you would actually see people there.

Honestly, Cub fans don't make excuses and they are the most dumbest fans you'll find on the face of the earth. I think it may be time for JR to move.

:stupid

Because their retired old people :P , Guys its still cold outside, its only the 2nd game of May when people are very busy and we are playing KC. In June when its warm outside and if we are still 1st place and only getting 12,000 fans than its time to worry. Btw against Detroit we drew 20,000 a couple times and i think 30,000 for one. So it shows people are taking notice.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:18 AM)
Ok, sorry about that, I actually didn't mean to do that.  But honestly if you mean the sox should move then you deserve a big F YOU.

Too bad if you do not like it, but as an owner, I know I would say :fyou to the Sox fans and move the team IF we cannot get at least a 25% improvement in attendance this year from last year if we continue to stay in 1st place throughout

At some point, you have to make a business decision and say WTF is the point? If winning is not enough, nothing EVER will be.

You may not the like the truth, but I would not blame JR one bit if he decided that was the way to go if we did not get better attendance this year.

And again, why is everyone here so sensitive about this. This is not meant as a jab to any of the Sox fans here. It is clear (at least to me) that everyone is here is die hard and passionate and want to see the Sox succeed.

QUOTE(Cy Garland @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
whogivesaf***.gif

You may not give a f***, but if you really cared about the long term success of this team, you would too. If there is one GUARANTEE about the Sox, it is that their payroll is directly proportional to the attendance and that is NOT going to change.

And yes, higher payroll DOES NOT always equate to success, but with Kenny as our GM, I would love to see our team with a 100M payroll some day. As hard as he works, he would end our ineptness if he had that kind of payroll, no doubt in my mind. Higher payrolls do give you a better chance to win. The Pirates and Brewers and Royals have never won anything in the recent memory because of that very reason.

So again, if you really cared about the Sox, you would give a f*** about the attendance.

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we keep Frank here next year or not.

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we sign Garland long term or not.

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we re-sign Paulie long terms or get a big bat to replace him or not

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we go finding the next Jimenez or Royce Clayton or Uribe instead of ARod or not.

So STFU if you have no clue.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:10 AM)
Uhh...I didnt think it was really THAT cold out there tonight, and yes I was disapointed with the attendence but who could expect anything different?

This topic is REALLY getting old fast

This post should have been in green, I went to the game tonight......I seriously felt like I was at a Bears game in the end of November.....I froze my balls off especially being in the top deck....but i gotta say, it was a hell of a game, just look at the game MB threw, he had to have been freezing, couldnt locate a ball worth a s***. and I gotta say, there would have been 5000-7000 more people there if they would have kept half price tuesdays for the whole stadium, not just the top deck.....but ya know what, stop complaining about the fans that showed up, if you didnt show up then your to blame too

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
You may not give a f***, but if you really cared about the long term success of this team, you would too. If there is one GUARANTEE about the Sox, it is that their payroll is directly proportional to the attendance and that is NOT going to change.

And yes, higher payroll DOES NOT always equate to success, but with Kenny as our GM, I would love to see our team with a 100M payroll some day. As hard as he works, he would end our ineptness if he had that kind of payroll, no doubt in my mind. Higher payrolls do give you a better chance to win. The Pirates and Brewers and Royals have never won anything in the recent memory because of that very reason.

So again, if you really cared about the Sox, you would give a f*** about the attendance.

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we keep Frank here next year or not.

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we sign Garland long term or not.

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we re-sign Paulie long terms or get a big bat to replace him or not

Every extra ticket sold is the difference between whether we go finding the next Jimenez or Royce Clayton or Uribe instead of ARod or not.

I agree . Everyone needs to stop getting offended about attendence threads. Its the f***ing truth! We need to support our 1st place team. 12,000 is f***ing pathetic. If you're going to make excuses about why you can't go, then don't get mad when Frank , paulie and garland are in different unis in the near future.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Too bad if you do not like it, but as an owner, I know I would say  :fyou to the Sox fans and move the team IF we cannot get at least a 25% improvement in attendance this year from last year if we continue to stay in 1st place throughout

At some point, you have to make a business decision and say WTF is the point? If winning is not enough, nothing EVER will be.

You may not the like the truth, but I would not blame JR one bit if he decided that was the way to go if we did not get better attendance this year.

And again, why is everyone here so sensitive about this. This is not meant as a jab to any of the Sox fans here. It is clear (at least to me) that everyone is here is die hard and passionate and want to see the Sox succeed.

Since when do Sox fans care what's in the best interest of management?

It's obvious why we're "so sensitive" about this issue: fans here are accustomed to attending games off 35th and Shields. This team is an important part of many peoples' lives, and usually the relocation of a team is never heralded by media/fans.

How do Cleveland feel when they intially lost their football team? Or Washington with baseball in the late 70's?

It's rather moronic to suggest moving the team if attendance doesn't spike 25%. Reinsdorf is a business savvy individual who knows the earning potential of his products. Removing baseball from this market will never happen. This team earns a playoff spot, attendance will surpass 2 million. He operates this team, at worst, to break even.

JR won't relocate this organization. It's really that simple.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)

Timeout buddy, you make it seem like fans aren't coming up. You say the payroll is linked to the attendance(which I agree with) and the attendance has been raised every year for what the last 3-4 years?? So what the hell does that tell you?

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:53 AM)
I agree .  Everyone needs to stop getting offended about attendence threads. Its the f***ing truth! We need to support our 1st place team. 12,000 is f***ing pathetic.  If you're going to make excuses about why you can't go, then don't get mad when Frank , paulie and garland are in different unis in the near future.

:notworthy

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:54 AM)
Timeout buddy, you make it seem like fans aren't coming up.  You say the payroll is linked to the attendance(which I agree with) and the attendance has been raised every year for what the last 3-4 years??  So what the hell does that tell you?

And I believe, the payroll has increased marginally too every year (in accordance with attendance increase).

I remember JR willing to increase payroll to get Bartolo and even to re-sign Maggs in the near past.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
:notworthy

I'm sorry if this response has been beaten to death but this topic has been beaten to death. If you weren't at the game tonight, you have nothing, absolutely nothing to complain about, if you want the attendance to go up get your ass to the ballpark.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:54 AM)
Since when do Sox fans care what's in the best interest of management?

It's obvious why we're "so sensitive" about this issue: fans here are accustomed to attending games off 35th and Shields. This team is an important part of many peoples' lives, and usually the relocation of a team is never heralded by media/fans.

How do Cleveland feel when they intially lost their football team? Or Washington with baseball in the late 70's?

It's rather moronic to suggest moving the team if attendance doesn't spike 25%. Reinsdorf is a business savvy individual who knows the earning potential of his products. Removing baseball from this market will never happen.  This team earns a playoff spot, attendance will surpass 2 million. He operates this team, at worst, to break even.

JR won't relocate this organization. It's really that simple.

You may be correct in that he will not relocate. But I would not blame him if our attendance does not improve 25% if we stay in the lead throughout the year and win the division. Not to mention, this team actually plays like a team, does not have any real prima donnas or roid-boys and in general is a very fundamentally sound team.

I would be richer than Bill Gates if I had a penny for EVERY time I heard someone in Chicago say that all they want from their team is to compete hard every day/night. Well, that is exactly what the Sox do. So stop whining about the f***ing 94 strike or the white flag and show up. Or stop complaining when the Cub fans make fun of us because we f***ing deserve it.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
And I believe, the payroll has increased marginally too every year (in accordance with attendance increase).

I remember JR willing to increase payroll to get Bartolo and even to re-sign Maggs in the near past.

qwerty I'm looking for you to help me out with this one, how much did payroll go up from this year to last, about 10 mil?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
I'm sorry if this response has been beaten to death but this topic has been beaten to death.  If you weren't at the game tonight, you have nothing, absolutely nothing to complain about, if you want the attendance to go up get your ass to the ballpark.

:stupid

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
qwerty I'm looking for you to help me out with this one, how much did payroll go up from this year to last, about 10 mil?

Almost ten million exactly. We are currently 13th i believe in pay roll.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Almost ten million exactly. We are currently 13th i believe in pay roll.

Thank you. I rest my case, people are going to the park more and more. This team will surpass the attendance mark from last year and maybe pretty easily. We averaged more in this years April then last years and the Yankees series was in April last year. When the weather heats up the park will fill up more and we'll also start stealing some casual fans away from the urinal as we keep winning and the flubs don't.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
I agree .  Everyone needs to stop getting offended about attendence threads. Its the f***ing truth! We need to support our 1st place team. 12,000 is f***ing pathetic.  If you're going to make excuses about why you can't go, then don't get mad when Frank , paulie and garland are in different unis in the near future.

:ph34r: