Viz is a bum

soxfan420

QUOTE(knightni @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
There should be no usch thing as "wait til next year" in the Sox' vocabulary.

They have best record in then MLB.

THIS year is our year.  :headbang

The only way mccarthy will be in the rotation long term this year is a six man rotation... which will not happen.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
There should be no such thing as "wait til next year" in the Sox' vocabulary.

They have best record in then MLB.

THIS year is our year.  :headbang

:notworthy

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 22, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
The only way mccarthy will be in the rotation long term this year is a six man rotation... which will not happen.

He'll be in the rotatoin for a long time. Duque isn't that good and when/if he ends up being out (its just a matter of time) than Brandon is going to take over, dominate, and not give up his spot.

Fact of the matter is Duque isn't that grand. Now this may not be the time that Brandon takes over the rotation, but odds are its going to happen at some point this year. Anyone that thinks Duque will make it threw this year healthy is crazy (or at least I think they are, LOL).

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 22, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Still looks like we will have a 6 game lead, and we took 2 of 3 from the Cubs.  Bad loss, but nothing to hang our heads about.

Still, to quote Cartman in "South Park:The Movie",

"f***,f***ity,f***,f***,f***".A sweep over those "s*** faced cock masters"

(Cartman again) would have been nice,but i'll settle for 2 out of 3.

To all the c*** fans who want to cheer 'cause their bulls***

crybaby team actually WON A f***ING GAME from the Sox,

on the other hand,I once again quote Cartman from the

"South Park" movie:

"So what's the big f***in' deal,b****??" :gosox3:

Edited by FUCKREINSDORF

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
He'll be in the rotatoin for a long time.  Duque isn't that good and when/if he ends up being out (its just a matter of time) than Brandon is going to take over, dominate, and not give up his spot. 

Fact of the matter is Duque isn't that grand.  Now this may not be the time that Brandon takes over the rotation, but odds are its going to happen at some point this year.  Anyone that thinks Duque will make it threw this year healthy is crazy (or at least I think they are, LOL).

Mccarthy won't make any more than ten starts this year unless hernandez or someone else is out long term. After this year he will be in the rotation long term but i honestly cannot see him sticking this year. I wish that was the case but it's not something i can see the sox doing.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
Our bullpen needs more depth, it really does. It is not as good as every one claims/ has claimed. None of buehrle, hernandez, contreras, garland, or garcia is gonna go into the pen no matter how much anyone thinks so or hopes so. I have no problem with mccarthy starting this year if hernandez is out but once he returns hernandez is one of our starters this year know matter how well mccarthy does in the next start or two. The only logical choice would be for mccarthy to be moved into the bull pen. Next year we could look to move one of hernandez/contreras to fit mccarthy in.

I understand what you're saying but I just dont want Brandon in the pen. There's no arguing right now how good the backend of the pen is. Slowly but surely Shingo's starting to get his s*** together and neal is fine for what he does. Right now Viz is sucking, though this game really wasn't his fault, it'd be nice to add another bullpen arm somewhere but once again we might be able to do that in house without giving up our spects. I dont know what the hell ozzie and kenny our going to decide but goddamn where the f*** was Brandon when we've needed a starter the last 3 years. :D :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
I understand what you're saying but I just dont want Brandon in the pen.  There's no arguing right now how good the backend of the pen is.  Slowly but surely Shingo's starting to get his s*** together and neal is fine for what he does.  Right now Viz is sucking, though this game really wasn't his fault, it'd be nice to add another bullpen arm somewhere but once again we might be able to do that in house without giving up our spects.  I dont know what the hell ozzie and kenny our going to decide but goddamn where the f*** was Brandon when we've needed a starter the last 3 years. :D  :P

I know one thing...there is no way KW is going to be able to acquire any big time player unless he's willing to give up Brandon. Teams are just going to say give us Bmac or no deal when it comes to that type of prospect being on our sidelines. KW needs to stick to a policy of don't even call us if you want Brandon.

First off even if he's not in the major leagues, he's the best insurance policy this club has. Pitchers get hurt and having him as a plan B this year is freaking fantastic.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I know one thing...there is no way KW is going to be able to acquire any big time player unless he's willing to give up Brandon.  Teams are just going to say give us Bmac or no deal when it comes to that type of prospect being on our sidelines.  KW needs to stick to a policy of don't even call us if you want Brandon. 

First off even if he's not in the major leagues, he's the best insurance policy this club has.  Pitchers get hurt and having him as a plan B this year is freaking fantastic.

If he picks up the phone and just hears the name Brandon he should just hang up. As far as a trade I'm still of the opinion we really dont need to make one. If Viz keeps faultering I think we have good in house options instead of making a deal. All I know is Brandon ain't going anywhere.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
If he picks up the phone and just hears the name Brandon he should just hang up.  As far as a trade I'm still of the opinion we really dont need to make one.  If Viz keeps faultering I think we have good in house options instead of making a deal.  All I know is Brandon ain't going anywhere.

If the Sox are in it and a month from now Viz is still struggling I'd probably package him and one of the prospects down in Charlotte, if not too (and I'm talking about Munoz/Diaz) for a quality reliever on a team thats out of contention.

That team can get a guy like Viz (who when going right is really good) and than would have the shot to develop two guys over the rest of the season that have the ability to turn into solid relievers. Fact is the Sox can't sit around and develop them so its the type of move that would work for both teams.

The only other time of move I'd make is for a 3rd baseman (and I mean a good hitting one at that) if Crede is struggling or the offense is showing signs of struggling. If not, I agree with you and would pretty much stand pat.

I really would have liked to see Baj up here rather than Walker... Eventually, this organization has to see what he can do, because he has done just about all he can do in the minors.

EDIT: And Jason, how about Polanco for Crede and Vizcaino... Or, Polanco + a reliever.

Alright, I hate making up trades, but I still like Polanco.

Edited by CWSGuy406

I really would have liked to see Baj up here rather than Walker...  Eventually, this organization has to see what he can do, because he has done just about all he can do in the minors.

EDIT:  And Jason, how about Polanco for Crede and Vizcaino...  Or, Polanco + a reliever. 

Good idea. I would take Polanco over Cruddy's and s***caino's worthless hides right about now.

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
I blame this s*** on Ozzie. Why not use Cotts? The Cubs did not see him through out the whole series. The Cubs have seen him (Luis Vizcaino) plenty of times when he was with Milwaukee and recently on Friday. Viz has struggled since that outing with Cleveland, but that excuse has been used plenty of times. It's time for Luis to get his head out of his ass...

Cotts is a garbage time pitcher just like Viz is. Put him on the mound in a close game with a runner on base and watch the brown streaks materialize on his pants. There would have been the same damn result bringing in jizz mopper number one as opposed to jizz mopper number 2.

Cotts is a garbage time pitcher just like Viz is.  Put him on the mound in a close game with a runner on base and watch the brown streaks materialize on his pants.  There would have been the same damn result bringing in jizz mopper number one as opposed to jizz mopper number 2.

HAHA! Bingo.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 22, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
IEDIT:  And Jason, how about Polanco for Crede and Vizcaino...  Or, Polanco + a reliever.

Oh man, that would be sweet. Do you really think we could send them Crede, Viz, and a prospect or two for Polanco and a reliever? What reliever?

Oh man, that would be sweet.  Do you really think we could send them Crede, Viz, and a prospect or two for Polanco and a reliever?  What reliever?

One with no arm maybe? Who the hell cares? As long as we would be dumping s***caino and getting Polanco for Cruddypopsitup.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 22, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
Oh man, that would be sweet.  Do you really think we could send them Crede, Viz, and a prospect or two for Polanco and a reliever?  What reliever?

Most of Phil's BP sucks.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
EDIT:  And Jason, how about Polanco for Crede and Vizcaino...  Or, Polanco + a reliever. 

Bell still has another year on his contract and it's not like they would move him to second since that would be utley's job when polanco gets moved.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Good idea.  I would take Polanco over Cruddy's and s***caino's worthless hides right about now.

Is there a group of fans that hate their players more then sox fans do, I'm going to say no.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 22, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
One with no arm maybe?  Who the hell cares?  As long as we would be dumping s***caino and getting Polanco for Cruddypopsitup.

I said it sort of half-heartedly, but Polanco should give you .285/.350 each year, and I don't think he strikes out a whole lot either. He plays a pretty good 2B/3B, and SS too (IIRC). It wouldn't be a major move, but it's a nice thought... I hope Kenny is looking there.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
Is there a group of fans that hate their players more then sox fans do, I'm going to say no.

Nearly every other message board is like this actually. Only difference is on most of them you cannot call the players dirty c***s and pieces of s*** like you can here.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Nearly every other message board is like this actually. Only difference is on most of them you cannot call the players dirty c***s and pieces of s*** like you can here.

We cherish our freedom of expression here.

:D