GAME THREAD 6-1-2005 SOX VS HALOS

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Byrd for the Angels (4-4, 4.14 ERA) against the Count for the Sox (2-2, 3.30).

It's time for this team to win a few for Contreras. He's pitched well enough to have 5 or 6 wins, and we can't put enough runs on the board for him.

If he keeps pitching the way he has the last few games (yes, including his last outing against the Angels, where we could hardly score 3 runs), he'll deserve to end this season with about 15 wins. It's hard not to be impressed by how his last few games have gone.

Work fast, work efficient Contreras, and you'll tear these guys apart.

Byrds the type of guy that the Sox need to put a major focus on going the other way.  If they try to pull Byr'ds stuff they will get owned.

Ozzie needs to stack the lineup with lefties. Byrd gets rocked by them. I'm hoping we see this lineup...

LF Podsednik

2B Willie

DH Everett

1B Konerko

C Pierzynski

RF Dye

CF Rowand

3B Crede

SS Uribe

I really wish we had Gload for this game. Also, Pods and Willie should be able to steal easily on Byrd. He has an extremely slow delivery. I also have a feeling that Timo may be in the lineup tomorrow. :ph34r:

Edited by Jabroni

AaRow needs to be 3rd in that lineup. Bury Everett wherever we can down farther. And ya, I'm thinking we are gonna see OMIT in the lineup tomorrow also, DAMN YOU Timo for getting 1 important hit!! :fyou

AaRow needs to be 3rd in that lineup. Bury Everett wherever we can down farther. And ya, I'm thinking we are gonna see OMIT in the lineup tomorrow also, DAMN YOU Timo for getting 1 important hit!!  :fyou

Here's your lineup...

LF Podsednik

2B Willie

CF Rowand

1B Konerko

DH Everett

RF Timo

C Pierzynski

3B Crede

SS Uribe

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:07 AM)
Here's your lineup...

LF  Podsednik

2B  Willie

CF  Rowand

1B  Konerko

DH  Everett

RF  Timo

C   Pierzynski

3B  Crede

SS  Uribe

:lolhitting

Hell no.

Timo bats 4th.

Edited by knightni

Sadly, thats about as good as it gets with lefties in there at the moment. At least AJ is down there in the order to break up the potential string of consecutive strikeouts/popouts.

That's why we need Mackowiak. He could play 3B or RF versus tough right-handers. :crying

I like How gooch is swinging the Bat. I don't think he should sit today's game. He is batting .283 vs lefties. .350 at home .336 at night. He has been are most consistent bat this season. Keep him in the lineup. He will get his off day Thursday.

I like How gooch is swinging the Bat. I don't think he should sit today's game. He is batting .283 vs lefties.  .350 at home .336 at night. He has been are most consistent bat this season. Keep him in the lineup. He will get his off day Thursday.

Byrd has a good changeup and that seems to be the one pitch that Iguchi struggles with. Willie's OBP versus righties is .362 as well. Byrd has a slow delivery. If our speed guys get on they should be running almost everytime.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:59 AM)
Byrd has a good changeup and that seems to be the one pitch that Iguchi struggles with.  Willie's OBP versus righties is .362 as well.  Byrd has a slow delivery.  If our speed guys get on they should be running almost everytime.

I wish Ozzie would try uribe at 3rd for a change, gooch at ss, and willie at 2b,

BTW Didn't Gooch seem to hit Santana's changeup earlier this year ok?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
I wish Ozzie would try uribe at 3rd for a change, gooch at ss, and willie at 2b, 

Iguchi should and will not play at short stop at all costs.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)

If you're going to do that, I'd rather see Willie moved to SS. Iguchi is a 2B.