How long have you been a Sox fan

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say since birth, but my family erroneously tried to force feed me the Cubs. 11 years of not caring about sports came to a screeching halt when I went to a Sox/Indians game in 1990, when all the sudden it clicked and I liked baseball, especially the White Sox.

since my first game which was the last game at old comiskey....so lets see that would make me about 4 years old.......

Many a brawl with my older brother the scrubs fan ensued.....

but seriously I was born with a pale hose on my willy.......

I'm another one born into it. There are pictures of me with my Dad at games from maybe '74 but I can't really recall going to games until '77 when I was 9-10. That was a good year to become White Sox-aware, and that being such a great season (until August at least) pretty much sealed the deal.

The first season i remember was '93 (i was 7 at the time).

Then i really didn't become a MAJOR fan of the team till late '01. For whatever reason, i just got into them. I was still a very casual fan of the sox in the 90s, just didn't watch every game.

Its funny. I was thinking about this topic this morning. I can't remember any talk about the "other team" when I was growing up. Our whole family were Sox Fans and I dont' remember my dad or grandma (she has been a dir hard for 93 years) ever mentioning anyone but the Sox. So for me 37 years.. Since 1967

1959. I remember watching TV during the World Series and seeing Ted Kluzewski homer, one of two he hit in game one and the Sox won 11-0.

Nellie Fox was my hero and my first little league baseball glove was a Nellie Fox model.

Roughly 1990, give or take a year or two. Started watching baseball in 89, watched mainly Cubs games because that was what was on WGN, was watching Sox games instead a year later. Plus, we lived a lot closer to Comiskey, so that helped in seeing a bundle of games every year

Given that I was 9 at the time, that pretty much means my whole life.

i started playing baseball in 1991

the first week of the offical season i became a white sox fan after seeing a game on TV

being from califiornia, its kinda odd for me to pick the sox, but how could i not

havent been a fan since... i was 7 years old at the time