Submit your questions for Brian Anderson

Heads22

I talked with the Charlotte media guy and he said that he would be able to relay some of our questions to Brian and get his answers. First, I'd like to thank Tim for this awesome opportunity. His help has been instrumental in getting FS going.

We want only the best questions for this, and we are definitley letting this be done at Tim and Brian's leisure.

We will not be able to ask all questions, so after I get back from Ames on Wednesday or Thursday, we will compile and send them out.

We're working hard to bring this stuff to you guys. If you're a lurker, feel free to register and post your questions.

Thanks

Alex

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
How much does it suck to play for the Royals?

:lolhitting Is there a big change in your mindset now being in Charlotte compared to playing in Birmingham last year with the big differences in the parks?

If there is one thing you think you really need to work on what would that be?

Do you expect to be starting in Chicago next year?

During the draft, was position where you expected to be taken?

Who is another outfielder currently in the system that you think you'll be playing alongside in the 5 to 10 years?

Are you more of a contact hitter or a power hitter?

How important is the OBP stat to you?

Where in the order do you prefer to hit the most?

What is the difference in hitting in Charlotte compared to Birmingham?

Who's the toughest pitcher you've faced in your minor league career so far?

Who was your baseball idol growing up?

When Frank Thomas had his rehab assignment in Charlotte, what was it like playing with a future Hall of Famer? Also, were you able to pick his brain and get any useful tips from him?

Guys it would be nice if you all could take this a little bit seriously. This guy at Charlotte is going out of his way to hook us up with one of the biggest prospects in MLB, just for you all to enjoy and learn something from. Please don't waste the thread with stupid questions. Go play somewhere else.

As for Brian, Is it frustrating to be having a big year one step away from the big leagues, but have to look up everyday and know that the Sox starting OF is signed through 2006? What do you do to cope with that, and keep motivated everyday?

Mike Michigan City IN

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
Guys it would be nice if you all could take this a little bit seriously.  This guy at Charlotte is going out of his way to hook us up with one of the biggest prospects in MLB, just for you all to enjoy and learn something from.  Please don't waste the thread with stupid questions.  Go play somewhere else.

I thought my question was legit. :crying

Often times players are so overwhelmed when they first make the call-up to the big leagues that it hinders there performance until easing into the position. When the time finally arises and you get called up, have you thought about how you will cope with the excitement of the situation?

Kenny Williams has a habit of making deals to improve the major league ballclub, and he's done so using minor leaguers. Have you thought at all about the possibility that you'll be traded? Any idea how you'd react if you were moved? (P.s. I hope you won't be!) Brian, Pasadena CA