Flubs vs. White Sox 6/26/05 game thread

Dam8610

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Hate to say it but - he sucks in day games.  :D

He may not have the best stats in day games, but that game he threw at home against Detroit was a day game. Very impressive. Hopefully, he can repeat that performance today.

2 out 3 please. I want them to win the season series, not go 3-3.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs

I know it isn't "Ozzieball or "Smartball" but I would put out our all-power lineup and hope for the 3-run bomb. Prior doesn't give up many hits but he IS susceptible to the homer. I would start Frank at DH, Carl in LF, and Pods in CF. I would keep the rest of the lineup the same.

Edited by Jabroni

HOLY f*** SOX ARE LOSING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garland just isn't going to be able to cut it. Not like it makes a difference though. This is a World Series team! Winning the season series against the Cubs doesn't mean much and its not going to happen. There is no shame is a 3-3 series tie.

:headbang:

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)

Garland just isn't going to be able to cut it. Not like it makes a difference though. This is a World Series team! Winning the season series against the Cubs doesn't mean much and its not going to happen. There is no shame is a 3-3 series tie.

Are you a Sox fan, or a Flubs fan? I really can't tell. I do know that Garland has pitched extremely well this year and I expect that to continue today. I really hope we shell Prior too.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)

Welcome back Poopy! You haven't had many opportunities to post this year. That's a shame. :cheers

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
We didn't exactly light up that weak pen yestreday, did we? I think the Sox will pull out a close one, but it will tougher than some of you think, just my opinion. :huh

I don't think anyone is expecting this to be easy.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
I probably won't be back until the sweep comes in the first round of the playoffs so enjoy me now while you can.

:P

you could have 100 physcologists in a room and none of them would be able to figure you out. :lol:

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
you could have 100 physcologists in a room and none of them would be able to figure you out. :lol:

Huh? If he actually IS a Sox fan, then I think I've got him figured out, and I definitely am NOT a psychologist.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Huh? If he actually IS a Sox fan, then I think I've got him figured out, and I definitely am NOT a psychologist.

it's a long story. He's been doing this for years. It's kind of a running joke here, just go with it.

QUOTE(Big Hurt Way Back @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
I think today is whwn we found out how much of a stud Garland is.  This is probably the biggest game he's pitched for us to date.  We need to see how he handles the pressure and shut down this pesky team.  Cuck the Fubs!!!!

Hopefully he won;t fall flat on his face like every other time we thought he had taken the next step into being a true stud.

And I don't think Prior coming off the DL will be any advantage for us. Everyone got a good look at him the last time he pitched. Hopefully, the offense can score enough runs to keep this thing from being a complete laugher.

:gosox4:

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)

Go home.

Anyway....EAT s*** FLUBBIES! GARLAND WILL PWN YOU TODAY! GO SOX!

:gosox3: :headbang

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Anybody seen the lineups yet?

As a matter of fact I have:

Your Chicago White Sox

LF Scott Podsednik

2B Willie Harris

DH Frank Thomas

1B Paul Konerko

CF Aaron Rowand

RF Jermaine Dye

C AJ Pierzynski

3B Joe Crede

SS Pablo Ozuna

Cubs

Patterson

Perez

Lee

Burnitz

Ramirez

Walker

Barrett

Hollandsworth

Blanco

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
I know you were joking but I had to look it up, this yr 3-1 5.60 ERA in day games this season.  Career 21-20 5.10 ERA in day games!!!  Career vs the Cubs 2-3 6.48 ERA.  Prior career vs the Sox is 2-0 3.79 ERA

noticed the 6.48 era but this garland is confident this year....

Wash pitcher has no hitter thru 4...

whitesox score 12 runs in game one, 2 in game 2, and are perhaps due to score 1 in todays game...15 runs 3 games=5 per game...that is the average for the year...it may not happen...but...just my silly logic...i hate it when we blow a team out i really like the 1/2 run victories!

cubs are 12:1 to win the NL

interesting World Series matchups:

Sox vs Cubs

Sox vs Florida

Red Sox vs Cubs

Nats vs Angels

QUOTE(Tadahito15 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
As a matter of fact I have:

Your Chicago White Sox

LF Scott Podsednik

2B Willie Harris

DH Frank Thomas

1B Paul Konerko

CF Aaron Rowand

RF Jermaine Dye

C AJ Pierzynski

3B Joe Crede

SS Pablo Ozuna

Where is Tadahito? :angry:

If anyone else was given a day off, I'd be able to justify it. But come on, it's motherf***ing Tadahito. We need that dude in the field every day. Or am I wrong?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Where is Tadahito? :angry:

If anyone else was given a day off, I'd be able to justify it.  But come on, it's motherf***ing Tadahito.  We need that dude in the field every day.  Or am I wrong?

Ichiro Suzuki tailed off at the end of his first year...leason learned....give the guy some rest...