TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8

Texsox

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
All these rumors are driving me crazy.  It's gonna be a stressful 24 days before the deadline.

wait theres only 24 hrs left till the deadline

edit: nevermine it was 24 days :banghead

Edited by chi-guy2

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(go-sox05 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Burnett had 14 strikeouts yesterday. Has 111 on the year.  Yeah he's alright.

That performance by Burnett yesterday is overrated. I'm a fan of AJ, no doubt but not because of what he did yesterday.

Ok, lets assume...Marte, Tracey or Gio, and Sweeney for Burnett.

Who here pulls the trigger on that deal? I'm basing this off what Rosenthal said the Marlins were interested in (in terms of pieces) as well as the fact that the Sox would refuse to give up Bmac.

If thats the case I'd pull the trigger on this deal, however I'd hope the Sox would try to reup with AJ. All that said, even if they didn't I'd still be really tempted to make this trade, especially if they then pulled the trigger on a deal for Wagner or another solid left handed reliever.

Marte is good, but Burnett is very good and would give the Sox a filthy rotation.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
:lolhitting  :lolhitting

what i dont pay attention to this deadline stuff, guy who posted above made it seem like it was or whatever? :huh

edit: :ph34r: i see my mistake

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)

Who here pulls the trigger on that deal?  I'm basing this off what Rosenthal said the Marlins were interested in (in terms of pieces) as well as the fact that the Sox would refuse to give up Bmac. 

If thats the case I'd pull the trigger on this deal, however I'd hope the Sox would try to reup with AJ.  All that said, even if they didn't I'd still be really tempted to make this trade, especially if they then pulled the trigger on a deal for Wagner or another solid left handed reliever.

Marte is good, but Burnett is very good and would give the Sox a filthy rotation.

we would have an aj to aj thing going lol, i wouldnt do it if we were giving gio and sweeney however id do it if it was marte and tracey

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)

Who here pulls the trigger on that deal?  I'm basing this off what Rosenthal said the Marlins were interested in (in terms of pieces) as well as the fact that the Sox would refuse to give up Bmac. 

If thats the case I'd pull the trigger on this deal, however I'd hope the Sox would try to reup with AJ.  All that said, even if they didn't I'd still be really tempted to make this trade, especially if they then pulled the trigger on a deal for Wagner or another solid left handed reliever.

I'd do it assuming either another left hander is added to the pen or kenny finally just says f*** it, kevin walker sucks I don't care if he throws with his left hand or his ass he's just bad.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
I honestly think this senerio could REALLY, REALLY happen.

Sox land A.J Burrnet for Marte,Bmac, and OF prospect(don't think Anderson or Sweeny because of Bmac in the deal.)

Sox get Guardado(take Marte's LHP role.)

If that happened Tony you wouldn't be able to wipe a smile off my face for a long f'n time.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)

Sox land A.J Burrnet for Marte,Bmac, and OF prospect(don't think Anderson or Sweeny because of Bmac in the deal.)

That would put the Sox in business and I think they'd be more so set for the stretch run. Plus you know what Kenny's been indicating and its that he wants more pitching on this club. You never know what can happen and I don't think he wants to take any chances.

Adding a starter and reliever of that caliber would be huge.

I'm all for trading for Burnett IF we can re-sign him to a new deal when he's acquired like Freddy Garcia. Now if that does happen, a package of Marte, Tracey and an outfield prospect sounds pretty good to me. Of course the Sox can then go trade for a lefty like Ron Villone from Seattle to do what Damaso was doing. This way, Brandon doesn't have to be rushed, and he'll be ready at 2007 when the contract's of 2 of our starters will be finished.

You have to give up quality to get quality. Plus, Ozzie is very familiar with Burnett. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd just be afraid of the prospects that KW would throw in. Our rotation would be so nasty.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
I think Burrnet will be on the block, and with Eddies ??? situation with his shoulder, I don't think its going to take alot to get him.

Add to the fact I really have it in my head that this franchise wants to deal Marte, Eddie will take his role on.

I think something just like this could go down.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering why you have it etched in your mind that Damaso will be traded?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:29 AM)

I just think it's more likely the Sox would deal an Anderson or Sweeney before McCarthy at the moment, even though he's bombed in his brief time up here. Of course if the Marlins wanted someone like Chris Young or Jerry Owens without us giving up B-Mac, than that makes things a whole lot more interesting.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)

Here's the one thing you're forgetting...

You're trading 1 major league player (Marte) for 2 (Everyday Eddie and Burnett). In other words...you now have 2 people to take up 1 roster spot.

Let's assume Gload and El Duque come back after the AS Break...between Gload, El Duque, and Marte, we already have 3 guys trying to squeeze into 2 roster spots currently held by minor leaguers (Jenks and Walker)...

Let's assume we're willing to drop Timo for Gload...who do we drop to make room for this extra pitcher you've just acquired?

Vizcaino is one of the only guys in our pen who has been able to work in a long role and give us 2 innings every now and then (2.1 innings 3 times this year, although 1 didn't go so well). Willie Harris is unmovable as a backup 2b. Ozuna? Of course not. Everett? Widger? Shingo?

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
You have to give up quality to get quality.  Plus, Ozzie is very familiar with Burnett.  I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I'd just be afraid of the prospects that KW would throw in.  Our rotation would be so nasty.

As long as we hold on to Anderson and Young, I'm cool. We can always restock the farm.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)

Trade them Marte, Tracey and Borchard...heck they traded DLee for Heeeeeeeeeeee Seop Choi!?!?! Why not?

Marte has ALOT of value as his past 3 seasons place him in the top 20 or 30 relievers in the game. Tracey is a live arm, maybe Borchard would be enough???