Pods = All Star

GoArow33

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
Is that from that Cubs/Sox game in 02 when we came back from 8-0?

Konerko gets hit in the head early in the game by a Kerry Wood pitch.

Next AB he hits a HR.

Later in the 6th with the game tied 8-8 after 8 unanswered Sox runs Konerko hits his second HR of the game off of Joe Borowski to give the Sox a 10-8 lead. The avy is the 2nd homerun.

Best.batflip.ever

Edited by Kalapse

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I just read after 1 full day of voting Scotty was a "hair" behind Derek Jeter and I've done my part voting but unfortunately we need everyone here to vote as often as they can until 7pm tonight for Scotty to get in... Please do your part to represent the White Sox and Scott Posednik!

VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN...

- Mike

Guys this thread is awesome.

It is so cool to see all Sox fans pull together in one pursuit instead of bickering with each other over meaningless details. Its really heartwarming, and makes me remember what this site is all about... Sox fans coming together to enjoy the White Sox.

Now let's go get Scotty on this team!!!!

*REMEMBER*

-Vote the real way, the cheat methods DO NOT WORK

-You DO NOT need to change email addresses, you are allowed unlimited votes from any email addy, and this is per White Sox VP Reifert.

Per ESPN.com's daily quickie:

"Final Man" Update

Vote Podsednik!

Quickie readers made an impact in the Lee vs. Pujols last-minute voting surge, and you're encouraged to do it again in the All-Star "Final Man" vote, which ends tonight at 8.

Why Pods over Jeter, who at last report led voting by a smidgen?

Standings: Podsednik shows up and the White Sox become the AL's best team; the "Cap" has managed to "lead" the Yanks to a nudge over .500.

Value: The Final Man will be a late-inning insert. Sure, Jeter has a better OBP, but Pos is a pinch-runner supreme, leading the AL in SBs.

Schadenfreud: Wouldn't it be hilarious if the "Face of Baseball" couldn't even win a lousy run-off among All-Star also-rans?

ACCORDING TO MLB PODS HAS GONE AHEAD OF JETER BUT THE RACE IS TIGHT.

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

LETS SHOW PODS ARE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 HOURS LEFT TO VOTE

VOTE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Voting, Pods is in the lead!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

With just hours remaining in the balloting, the drama is building. Chicago White Sox outfielder Scott Podsednik has squeaked past New York Yankees perennial All-Star Derek Jeter to take a narrow lead in the American League voting.

If Podsednik holds on for the victory, his teammates' grass-roots campaign for his candidacy might prove to be the reason.

The White Sox have been doing everything in their power to get their man -- who leads the Majors in stolen bases -- into the Midsummer Classic, which will be played at Comerica Park.

The "Podsednik Plan" was put in motion Monday night as Podsednik signed autographs during a two-hour rain delay. First, one of manager Ozzie Guillen's kids held up a "Vote for Scott" sign in the background. Then All-Star pitcher Mark Buehrle spoke to the crowd before the postgame fireworks, encouraging them to get online and send Podsednik to Detroit.

"We need everyone to vote for Scott because he needs to be on this All-Star Team," Buehrle said.

Even Podsednik got into the act.

"I have voted for myself a couple of times," the outfielder said with a smile. "I've thrown a couple in there."

Sorry in advance for the cut and paste, but I wanted to make sure people who did not read the whole long Vote for Pods thread could see this...

It is so cool to see all Sox fans pull together in one pursuit instead of bickering with each other over meaningless details. Its really heartwarming, and makes me remember what this site is all about... Sox fans coming together to enjoy the White Sox.

Now let's go get Scotty on this team!!!!

*REMEMBER*

-Vote the real way, the cheat methods DO NOT WORK

-You DO NOT need to change email addresses, you are allowed unlimited votes from any email addy, and this is per White Sox VP Reifert.

Keep Voting, Pods is in the lead!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

With just hours remaining in the balloting, the drama is building. Chicago White Sox outfielder Scott Podsednik has squeaked past New York Yankees perennial All-Star Derek Jeter to take a narrow lead in the American League voting.

If Podsednik holds on for the victory, his teammates' grass-roots campaign for his candidacy might prove to be the reason.

The White Sox have been doing everything in their power to get their man -- who leads the Majors in stolen bases -- into the Midsummer Classic, which will be played at Comerica Park.

The "Podsednik Plan" was put in motion Monday night as Podsednik signed autographs during a two-hour rain delay. First, one of manager Ozzie Guillen's kids held up a "Vote for Scott" sign in the background. Then All-Star pitcher Mark Buehrle spoke to the crowd before the postgame fireworks, encouraging them to get online and send Podsednik to Detroit.

"We need everyone to vote for Scott because he needs to be on this All-Star Team," Buehrle said.

Even Podsednik got into the act.

"I have voted for myself a couple of times," the outfielder said with a smile. "I've thrown a couple in there."

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Yep, not to mention Cubs fans, Twins fans, Tigers fans, and Indians fans.

SFF

There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fans that hate the Yankees, vs hate the Sox. Pods might just win this thing.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fans that hate the Yankees, vs hate the Sox.  Pods might just win this thing.

Well, unless you count ESPN employees. :bang

Vote early, vote often. The Chicago way. Go PODS!! :headbang :gosox3:

QUOTE(bogie @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
ACCORDING TO MLB PODS HAS GONE AHEAD OF JETER BUT THE RACE IS TIGHT.

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

LETS SHOW PODS ARE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 HOURS LEFT TO VOTE

VOTE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has this thread been spammed to Red Sox Nation? :bringit