it's official - sellout tonight

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
Who'da tyhunk back in April that we'd be selling out a Mondey night game against the Tigers?!?

:cheers  :cheers  :gosox3:  :gosox3:

That's after Ordonez signed with the Tigers, so I think a lot of people might have predicted it.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
I get Mondays game but why so many tickets to Wednesdays game?  Its a day game and everything?

monday night is 1/2 price night the last couple of mondays have been sold out. Tues is buy one get one free but only has to do with the upper deck seats only I believe. I thought the cell held 38000 + but the numbers tonight were 37445, or close to that figure on the screen, a sellout, or something so what is the cell's capacity? Tonight the stadium rocked!! :fight

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
monday night is 1/2 price night  the last couple of mondays have been sold out. 

Can you link that information? I believe you are incorrect and this is the first Monday night sellout.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
Can you link that information? I believe you are incorrect and this is the first Monday night sellout.

May 31 it was sold out, but that was a day game. It was on Memorial Day against the Angels and Timo got the walk off two run single. :ph34r:

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
May 31 it was sold out, but that was a day game. It was on Memorial Day against the Angels and Timo got the walk off two run single. :ph34r:

May 31st was a Tuesday.

But July 4th was sold out, IIRC..

Any non holiday Monday before this one sold out..?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
I'm a bit surprised by the low sales for tonight. Probably a healthy walk-up crowd. Hopefully they get a 10 K walkup, which could happen after the last 5 wins and Maggs in town

I'm confused about the sales on ticketmaster. Yesterday I tried 19 seats together, and it gave me section 155, row 25. Then early this morning, I checked, and it gave me the exact same seats. And just now I tried and exact same seats!

Does this mean no one has bought tickets online in 24 hrs? :huh

Hopefully we'll get 24K tonight.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
monday night is 1/2 price night  the last couple of mondays have been sold out.  Tues is buy one get one free but only has to do with the upper deck seats only I believe. I thought the cell held 38000 +  but the numbers tonight were 37445, or close to that figure on the screen, a sellout,  or something so what is the cell's capacity?  Tonight the stadium rocked!! :fight

Carmen mentioned this mornign that the PAID attendance was 37445, but with all of the player and personnel comps the attendance was well over 39+.