Time for a Shakeup

DukeNukeEm

I dont feel it.

I dont feel what I did a month ago.

Not in the least bit. I dont care how the rest of this Boston game turns out; we wont win in the playoffs. Why? Because Smartball is dead. Replaced by the Ghost of Corpseball rearing its ugly head once again. Who to blame?

Thomas, Konerko.

They swing for the fences everytime. Pods isnt moved around the bases like he should be. Tads is doing nothing. ARow is batting way below what he should. AJ is playing like s*** on O, as is the rest of our lineup. Juan Uribe cant do anything with his bat, enamored with the ability to hit a HR.

Why did this happen?

Why to such a great Sox team? Why did the philosophy that was so cool and so much fun to watch have to turn into a HR Fest of Konerko and Co. So stupid, so pointless and so depressing.

What will happen if we dont something?

You probably dont want to read this if you think this our year. If we dont do something we'll blow it to the Twins and make a mammoth choke. Thats right. We play uninspired HR or bust baseball. It used to be a game of getting the guys on base, then moving them, and an occasional HR when you need it. Whats this team? A barrage of long balls. The death of Ozzieball/Smartball whatever you call it is here. Its over. Unless of course . . . . .

What can we do to stop this?

Trade. Shake this team up. Ship Konerko? Why not. Get him out of here. Ship Frank? Even better. Those guys did a lot for us when they were on, but theyre nothing but cancerous problems now. Nothing but malignent form of "Swing for the Fence-itis." Maybe Ozzie can do something? Maybe he can insult our team; show them who's boss. Show them the terrible baseball they are playing.

Because if we dont do anything. Good bye best record in baseball, good bye division, good bye playoffs, good bye World Series. Sad? Yes. Do I want it to happen? No. But will it happen? Yes.

:gosox1:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke I think you are overreacting.

We may need to make a move of some kind but it's no time to panic.

In theory we wouldn't need to panic until it looked like we were down to a five or six game lead in the division or out of the wild card race.

Duke I think you are overreacting.

We may need to make a move of some kind but it's no time to panic.

In theory we wouldn't need to panic until it looked like we were down to a five or six game lead in the division or out of the wild card race.

When what has brought you to having hte best record in baseball is abandonded, I call panic time.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
So you want Frank and Paul to bunt?  Hello, they get paid to drive in runs and hit the big ball?  I don't understand your arguement?

No, I want Frank to get traded. The way he's playing right now he has littel value to me. Someone thats a big fan of OPS can drool over him all they want, but he's not a good hitter at this point. I'll give him some more time since he's coming back from an injury, but if he keeps hitting like this, his place should be on the bench and than his contract should be bought out.

I hold no loyalties because all I care about is winning and quite frankly, the Frank we've seen thus far, isn't one that will help this club (regardless of what anyone else tells me).

Tell me when he stops cheating for inside fastballs. Until than he's gonna continue to suck.

Also, Sox could drastically use a 2 hole hitter cause Guchi is in a painful slump and would be better fit lower in the order. Get Vizquel or Freel over here.

It is awful tough to win when you have two guys in your line up who are outs before they even step in the batters box in Crede and Uribe. To top it of, Thomas is an out unless he is hitting a solo homer. We need a offense. Konerko could stand to get a big hit once in a while to or else he should be batting 7th. Something has to be done terrible defense and little offense makes it tough to hit.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
This place is gonna be terrible when we get swept this weekend....

Good thing I'm going on Vacation. I suggest many of you take a break too.

I'm not going into panic mode at all. The Sox are due for a semi slump. The thing that hurts me is that people are going gaga over Frank when he's awful and I do mean awful.

All I have to do is watch his approach at the plate. He's cheating inside fastball everytime. If he gets it, it goes a mile, if he doesn't he hits weak fly outs or ground outs. The worse part is, he cheats with runners as well, not willing to move guys over or anything. I've always said at least Paulie (even when he's struggling) will do his best to be a team player and move guys over. Frank is only concerned about hitting for homer's now and with that has gone his average.

I just hope he figures it out and quits doing it, otherwise buy him out and spend that money elsewhere.