White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Compared to our offensive players, it's not even close.  Dunn is significantly better than any offensive producer on the Sox.

But, but, but he strikes out a lot!

He's #20 in all of baseball in VORP. The closest White Sox is #86 at Paul Konerko.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
Oye ve.  You're the one who hates it when any player pulls the ball and this team tries hitting to many homers and you want Adam Dunn??

That's SSI with the pull hard-on. The difference with Dunn trying to hit homers compared to a lot of the Sox guys is that if he gets a hold of it, the ball is gone. It's different than when AJP or Uribe are trying to hit homers all the time. I can't believe there are some that don't think Dunn is a great offensive player.

Say what?  Yes, that's me venting.  Is that allowed?  I'm not trying to be a smartass.  I really want to know if venting should not be made in this gt.

Fathom ... go ahead and vent. It's a message board.

But then don't get bent out of shape when someone says you constantly vent, ok?

It goes both ways, not just your way.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
Rowand has done s*** all year! Uribe has gotten way more clutch hits and i believe has more rbi than Rowand batting 8th and 9th!

Rowand is batting .326 this season vs LHP.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Ha, so everyone's abandoned talking about the game?

No way. This game's far from over. We're going to score a good amount of runs this game. Dunn's a good topic of discussion though.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Fathom ... go ahead and vent.  It's a message board.

But then don't get bent out of shape when someone says you constantly vent, ok?

It goes both ways, not just your way.

Fair enough. I don't recall ever telling anyone I don't vent. If anyone ever told me that no venting is allowed on soxtalk, then I wouldn't do it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
Agree, the failure in the 3rd inning was bad.  He made some good pitches but both Everett and Konerko weren't ready for those 1st pitch cookies.  Attack when a strike is thrown.

All year long...PK takes WAAAAAAAAAY too many meatballs right over the plate for first pitch strikes. Goddamn I hate that!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
Rowand is batting .326 this season vs LHP.

Give me Manny stats batting vs lefties , 50' something rbi and no where .326

its when u hit them, Mostly Rowands hit come in useless situations.. dont know why every one loves this cat . he aint that good!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
That's SSI with the pull hard-on.  The difference with Dunn trying to hit homers compared to a lot of the Sox guys is that if he gets a hold of it, the ball is gone.  It's different than when AJP or Uribe are trying to hit homers all the time.  I can't believe there are some that don't think Dunn is a great offensive player.

Yet he's batting .246. If Dunn were on this team he'd get the Paul Konerko treatment.

Dunn's a good topic of discussion though.

This board would be all over Adam Dunn's ass. First of all he won't be coming here so forget it IMO.

Second, he strikes out about 1 time in every three at bats and has the tendancy to swing for HR's, hence the low rbi total despite the high HR total.

The grass is always greener is guess, especially in the game threads.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)

its when u hit them, Mostly Rowands hit come in useless situations.. dont know why every one loves this cat . he aint that good!

Rowand has as many clutch hits as anyone on the Sox this season.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
This board would be all over Adam Dunn's ass.  First of all he won't be coming here so forget it IMO.

Second, he strikes out about 1 time in every three at bats and has the tendancy to swing for HR's, hence the low rbi total despite the high HR total.

The grass is always greener is guess, especially in the game threads.

Exactly Jim. Good insight as always. :cheers

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)

LOL!! You dont watch too many games do you.

:nono :rolly

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
Rowand has as many clutch hits as anyone on the Sox this season.

hes like 0-9 with bases loaded clutch my ass! he's 4-38 with bases loaded in his career some pathetic stat like that.. clutch guess again!

Edited by Soxpranos