God Hates Fags Church to Protest in Portage

Cerbaho-WG

If I wasn't moving, I would help you. Extremists like this do noone any good. That is just downright disrespectful. Maybe someone should hunker down on them, maybe bow their necks, and hit them with a can of corn to make them go away? Then we could go hang wiffum at the funeral to pay our respects.

From Wikipedia:

Most congregants recall an incident one Sunday morning when Phelps' infant son, Mark, began to cry during his sermon; Phelps responded by walking down from the pulpit, punching the baby in the face, and then returning to continue the sermon, to the horror of his congregants.

Phelps also wrote a book in the 1980s with his son-in-law, Brent D. Roper, called "The Conspiracy." In the book, Roper and Phelps claim to possess evidence that: AIDS spontaneously generated in Africa; Truman Capote contracted the disease during an orgy with African tribesmen; Capote then gave the disease to John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy by playing football with them; that John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy had a menage a trois with Marilyn Monroe and gave her the disease; and that the CIA assassinated all three to prevent the spread of the disease. Phelps published and distributed the book himself; it was also sold in the back of Peter J. Peters catalogue of extremist literature, and thus became a widely circulated text among such groups as the Ku Klux Klan, Aryan Brotherhood, and Christian Identity.

Assuming I wake up on time, I'll definitely be over there with camera in tow.

These wackos live in my state. There have been a bunch of articles about them in the local paper recently. Here's one about how they showed up at another soldier's funeral in Oklahoma:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/local/12212256.htm

Funeral marred by protesters

A Topeka church known for picketing the funerals of people who died of AIDS has started picketing soldiers' funerals.

BY BRENT D. WISTROM

The Wichita Eagle

NEWKIRK, Okla. - Flags flew at half-staff Saturday for miles around this small community, honoring a small guy with a big heart who was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq.

But at the corner of the church where nearly half the town gathered to say goodbye to Army Spc. Jared "Jed" D. Hartley, an American flag was hanging upside-down from neon cardboard signs.

The signs said things like "America is Doomed," "God Hates f**s" and "Thank God for IEDs."

And later in the article:

Some military officials believe Roe may be right.

After Westboro Baptist announced it would protest at funerals of American soldiers killed overseas, officials issued an internal advisory to members of the military urging them to ignore the protesters.

"They will employ written and verbal inflammatory language against the deceased person, their family and military personnel to elicit desired responses," the message reads. "This group will then file a civil action in an effort to reach a settlement in order to fund future activities."

:headshake

There is a family that goes on the Howard Stern show and they are the 'God Hates f**s' family....so then Howard puts them on Howie-weird squares with lesbian strippers, and 'overly' gay men....classic TV.

That being said, these people are sick f***s. I'm not much of a religious person, despite being in catholic schools for 22 years, but if there is a hell, these people will be in it.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
There is a family that goes on the Howard Stern show and they are the 'God Hates f**s' family....so then Howard puts them on Howie-weird squares with lesbian strippers, and 'overly' gay men....classic TV.

That being said, these people are sick f***s.  I'm not much of a religious person, despite being in catholic schools for 22 years, but if there is a hell, these people will be in it.

I think they're a product of their own sheer stupidity. Seriously, there is not one member of this group(to say they're a church does a disservice to churches) that wouldn't get beat by a baboon in a one-on-one game of Wheel of Fortune.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ghfmir/flie...nformation.html

I'm thinking of taking the short trip over from Valparaiso in my Gay Pride shirt to divert some attention away from the families involved in this. Damn crazies.

Please make sure you tell us how it went. I was there at Portage last night and had I known about this earlier I would have went along with you.

I think people like this are more entertaining than dangerous...people who can hate total strangers, based on beliefs, color, sexual preference, etc....If my family's funeral was tainted by these guys, I wouldn't find it funny...but in general these people are so stupid that its laughable....

I feel bad for people who get sucked into this lifestyle because of their family...the kids in the God HAtes f**s Family are just spewing the stupidity they have been taught. I can't fault a 10 year old kid for saying f**s are going to hell...because he was taught that and believes it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Can you imagine waking up everyday with that much hate in your life?  :headshake

Who has the time?

Its sad. Its one thing to have beliefs, even wrong ones, but its another thing to hurt others because of your beliefs.

In my life, if I have a person at work or in a social setting, that I don't like, I just try and avoid that person, not hurt them. So I think if I had a 'I hate Jews' mentality, I would avoid jews. Seems simple to me.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Probably because they think he's gay.

read a lil of their site. think they do this for all the soldiers deaths. have a counter on their website with total number of soldiers dead in iraq saying they're all in hell or whatever. something about the army being run by gays or some s***...

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 5 @ 2005 -> 10:42 AM)

why are they protesting soldiers death?

Probably because they think he's gay.

Nope. See the article I posted earlier.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/local/12212256.htm

Westboro Baptist Church members began protesting at soldiers' funerals in June, claiming that God is killing the soldiers with improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, in retaliation for a plastic bomb set off in front of Shirley Phelps-Roper in 1995, Phelps-Roper said.

"This country bombed Westboro Church with an IED," she said in a telephone interview. "There's no coincidence that these people are dying in massive numbers with those IEDs."

A flier announcing various funeral protests says:

"They turned America

Over to f**s;

They're coming home

In body bags."

"What this nation needs to understand is that the lord their God will not put up with all this... fornication, adultery and homosexuality," Phelps-Roper said.

"We're helping you connect the dots when we go to these funerals," she said.

I feel like a filthy troll for just posting that garbage. :puke