Official game thread for August 10th

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
We make a lot of running errors for a first place team. Carl delivers the RBI and then get's gunned down. What's the deal?

In some spots, it's us being too aggressive. Carl makes a few on his own too. But you don't put carl in the lineup for his baserunning...you do it because he hits RBI doubles off the wall.

When each person does their job as well as they can, we'll win games despite a few mistakes.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
I want to see on the scroll for ESPN...

White Sox OF Carl Everett placed on 15 day DL (Team offense sucks so bad, being saved for playoffs)

They should encase him like Jabba did with Han Solo and thaw him out the last week of September

That might not work so well. Han was blind for a few days.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
I want to see on the scroll for ESPN...

White Sox OF Carl Everett placed on 15 day DL (Team offense sucks so bad, being saved for playoffs)

They should encase him like Jabba did with Han Solo and thaw him out the last week of September

Where is Carl. He is being preserved for the playoffs.

HanCarbonite.jpg

the NYY radio team is the worst I have ever heard. That female is horrible and everything that happens in the game is sponsered by something. "Rowand fouls one off, and that reminds us, all foul balls are sponsered by Chings Chinese food, try the duck, its the #1 fowl in the City." Jesus

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
the NYY radio team is the worst I have ever heard.  That female is horrible and everything that happens in the game is sponsered by something.  "Rowand fouls one off, and that reminds us, all foul balls are sponsered by Chings Chinese food, try the duck, its the #1 fowl in the City."  Jesus

I thought Charlie Steiner did Yanks rado, or did he leave?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
It's hard to dread a leadoff walk more than when it happens in front of these guys.

yup, Sheffield/A-Rod/Matsui scare the hell out of me... Manny/Ortiz may be scarier 2 punch, but those three are scary

Widger guns down Jeeter...