Official game thread for August 10th

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
When was the last time we caught someone stealing?  Not to take anything away from AJ, but he just tends to just hold on to the ball.

That's cause Contreras and the Duke can't hold a runner to save their lives, usually Freddy can't either.

Aaron's amazing.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
When was the last time we caught someone stealing?  Not to take anything away from AJ, but he just tends to just hold on to the ball.

AJ is getting a bad rap IMO, Garland and MB are so good holding runners on people don't really run on them, but Duque, The Count and Freddy do such a horrible job holding runners on only I-Rod would have a shot

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
Jeter caught stealing, and that folks is sponsered by Chico's bail bonds, we always catch our man.

Sounds like those Yankee radio broadcasts are like what Hub did during Bears radio. Just read promos between every down. Glad he is gone from that team now.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
I thought Charlie Steiner did Yanks rado, or did he leave?

He does Dodger road games now, 'cause Vin Scully doesn't travel off the West Coast, IIRC.

Ack, I see it's already been answered.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
AJ is getting a bad rap IMO, Garland and MB are so good holding runners on people don't really run on them, but Duque, The Count and Freddy do such a horrible job holding runners on only I-Rod would have a shot

The wild pitches also make AJ look worse...because those guys throw so many balls in the dirt.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Sounds like those Yankee radio broadcasts are like what Hub did during Bears radio. Just read promos between every down. Glad he is gone from that team now.

basically, and if anyone didnt know, Matsui has his own sponser sep from the yankees.