Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

Im just making the point that you really never know who it can be.

Every player potentially could be a user. Regardless of how they appear, or what they say, we do not know the person. There are plenty of fakes in the world, and I would imagine that quite a few baseball players fall into this category.

Since the whole thread is entirely speculation based on no personal knowledge, I might as well add some new names to the mix, instead of just repeating the same old rumors.

SB

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
Teinowitz giving more hints, 'one in the AL and one in the NL, both in the AllStar Game this year'. Jurko saying that he'd guess the Cubs would love one of these guys as a FA next year, implying Damon. Mac also asked something implying Damon. Now he's saying that one guy is a pitcher and the other isn't. Also that one of the guys has been on their show (so they're basically backing up Damon and Clemens) That Neyer quote is also very interesting. Tomorow should be very interesting! MLB will probably take a big hit from this, anyone think Selig would resign?

If it is two big names I think Congress will really push to take control of the testing, which I believe will mirror the IOC.

this is actually the opposite of what i think. why should selig resign? he is obviously doing something everybody wants. this shows his program is working and not just catching minor leaguers and the derrick turnbows of the world. if anything this should make a case for him to remain comish cuz hes getting stuff done. obviously it was a problem before this, but at least he is righting the ship. i think congress is the same way, they see the current program maybe working. granted it has loopholes, weve known that, so i wouldnt mind congress stepping in. but congress shouldnt step in because people are getting caught. people getting caught is a good thing and showing the program is working (at least to a degree)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
If everyone can trace this rumor to this site, it better be true, or we're gonna get ripped.

Disagree. I think most posters have been pretty cautious. And if the national media utters a single word based on such a flimsy source, it won't be the source that looks ridiculous.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Both websites eluding to these steroid discussions (Cincinnati/NYY fan sites) have referenced Soxtalk.

One of the Cincinnati posters even mentioned our website breaking a steroid positive two days before it was known publically. Now we didn't exactly break this news--New York website had a thread started on August 11, but I find it interesting people have trusted our website's sources.

I linked to both those sites and didn't see Soxtalk.com referenced. The NYY one credited a Michael Kay ESPN Radio show in NY, and the Reds one came from a guy who claimed to work in the office of a Major League Organization

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
I linked to both those sites and didn't see Soxtalk.com referenced. The NYY one credited a Michael Kay ESPN Radio show in NY, and the Reds one came from a guy who claimed to work in the office of a Major League Organization

You read all 27 pages of the Yankee one?

OMG, the Astros have a promotion tomorrow at Minute Maid:

Friday, August 19

Buy Tickets Now >

Roger Clemens CY-7 T-Shirts

First 10,000 Adults

Sponsored by MBNA 

Tell me that is not f***ing hillarious if this does go down tomorrow.

This morning Roger Clemens was suspended for use of a banned substance, come down to Minute Maid Park be one of the first 10,000 adults and get your very own Roger Clemens T-shirt.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
OMG, the Astros have a promotion tomorrow at Minute Maid:

Tell me that is not f***ing hillarious if this does go down tomorrow.

This morning Roger Clemens was suspended for use of a banned substance, come down to Minute Maid Park be one of the first 10,000 adults and get your very own Roger Clemens T-shirt.

Haha, seems fitting that it happens at the "Juicebox"

I understand why players are allowed to appeal before their names become public, but it kind of reeks of cover-up. I think they should do away with the MLB run drug testing and go with an independent agency. Either that, or line up all of the players, have them pull down their pants, and anyone with nuts smaller than John Kruk's gets a 10 game suspension. Proof positive.

see photo of Kapler several years ago. Kapler has always been this way, dating back to when he was in the minors....

Here is an article about him and Ron Gant from 2001

I don't know Kapler's situation personally, but I do know guys that have done some amazing things in a gym without roids. A strong workout regimen, plenty of cardio and strict diet and supplements as simple as Met-Rx can make a huge difference.

Just thought I would add this, 8 pages later......... :)

Just thought I'd share two of my favorite steroid cases of all time. One was suspended for steroids the other was never proven but it reeks of roids not to mention the fact that it has been widely speculated that he used.

Brady Anderson...

___HR_SLG%

'92: 21 .449

'93: 13 .425 -8 HR

'94: 12 .419 -1 HR

'95: 16 .444 +4 HR

'96: 50 .637 +34 HR

'97: 18 .469 -32 HR

'98: 18 .420 NC

'99: 24 .477 +6 HR

'00: 19 .421 -5 HR

'01: 8 .300

'02: 1 .250

A 34 HR spike and a .193 SLG% spike. A small little leadoff hitter for the Baltimore Orioles suddenly hits 50 HRs and suddenly becomes this:

andersonbrady13if.jpg

but my favorite.... Why would a WR weigh nearly 260 pounds?

David Boston was suspended for steroid use on Dec. 13, 2004. The guy was always pretty big dating back to his days with the Buckeyes but a sudden weight gain and muscle gain once he reached the Chargers was quite alarming. Suddenly he was giant and bulky with hardly the speed he used to have. Steroids in essence ruined his career.

bostondavid12tr.jpgbostondavid21iz.jpg

bostondavid38yd.jpg

Edited by Kalapse

The rumor was 50 positives with 2 bigger than Raffy...

Does anyone know if only 2 names will be released tomorrow?

It seems strange they will release the biggest 2 names on the same day without any other people being named.

If the Rocket and/or Damon test positive, all hope for idolizing superstars will go down the drain.

QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
The rumor was 50 positives with 2 bigger than Raffy...

Does anyone know if only 2 names will be released tomorrow?

It seems strange they will release the biggest 2 names on the same day without any other people being named.

If the Rocket and/or Damon test positive, all hope for idolizing superstars will go down the drain.

You're not supposed to idolize athletes anyway, it's the perfect way to have your heart broken when you learn about the person off the field and at times on the field as well.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Just thought I'd share two of my favorite steroid cases of all time. One was suspended for steroids the other was never proven but it reeks of roids not to mention the fact that it has been widely speculated that he used.

Brady Anderson...

___HR_SLG%

'92: 21 .449

'93: 13 .425 -8 HR

'94: 12 .419 -1 HR

'95: 16 .444 +4 HR

'96: 50 .637 +34 HR

'97: 18 .469 -32 HR

'98: 18 .420 NC

'99: 24 .477 +6 HR

'00: 19 .421 -5 HR

'01: 8 .300

'02: 1 .250

A 34 HR spike and a .193 SLG% spike. A small little leadoff hitter for the Baltimore Orioles suddenly hits 50 HRs and suddenly becomes this:

andersonbrady13if.jpg

but my favorite.... Why would a WR weigh nearly 260 pounds?

David Boston was suspended for steroid use on Dec. 13, 2004. The guy was always pretty big dating back to his days with the Buckeyes but a sudden weight gain and muscle gain once he reached the Chargers was quite alarming. Suddenly he was giant and bulky with hardly the speed he used to have. Steroids in essence ruined his career.

bostondavid12tr.jpgbostondavid21iz.jpg

bostondavid38yd.jpg

shhhhh he's on my fantasy team this year.. :D

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Let's go through all of the pitchers that were in the All Star game for the AL and the NL that teams are in playoffs.

Jason Isrignhausen

Chris Carpenter

Brad Lidge

Jake Peavy

John Smoltz

Clemens

Colon- He is on Pizza

Rivera

I like Damon however i think the AL player is damon.

You forgot Buerhle and Garland.