Timo is the best

Gene Honda Civic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benedict Arnold makes some of the turncoats on this board seem honorable. Before yesterday Timo was 6 for his last 48 and was rightfully being loathed by the members of this board. One game makes a great player not! Three or four good games does not make a great player either. If that were the case, Greg Norton would be in the Hall of Fame for hitting two Homers off of Randy Johnson.

My Position stands: OMIT TIMO

Bat Ozuna lead off!

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Benedict Arnold makes some of the turncoats on this board seem honorable.  Before yesterday Timo was 6 for his last 48 and was rightfully being loathed by the members of this board.  One game makes a great player not!  Three or four good games does not make a great player either.  If that were the case, Greg Norton would be in the Hall of Fame for hitting two Homers off of Randy Johnson.

My Position stands: OMIT TIMO

Bat Ozuna lead off!

Im with ya, I still think he is one of the biggest wastes of money in sox history.

This post has been edited to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
This post has been edited to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Ah crap.

I did it again.

No more jokes for me, sorry.

Timo did not do all that well in those games. A .270 average is the type of average you might want to get out of a #3 or 4 hitter that hits 35-40 HR per year, not a leadoff man that is expected to get on base to allow the power hitters to drive him in. Personally, I'd prefer to see Pablo Ozuna leading off and playing SS (Uribe moves to 3B), with Brian Anderson and Aaron Rowand playing LF and CF.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Timo did not do all that well in those games. A .270 average is the type of average you might want to get out of a #3 or 4 hitter that hits 35-40 HR per year, not a leadoff man that is expected to get on base to allow the power hitters to drive him in. Personally, I'd prefer to see Pablo Ozuna leading off and playing SS (Uribe moves to 3B), with Brian Anderson and Aaron Rowand playing LF and CF.

IIRC Ozuna has real good splits against lefties. Since Timo is a LH, it was always going to be more likely that he gets the majority of the starts against RHP, while Pablo would get em against the LHP.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
I would rather not see any further posts about Timo.  Period.

Omit TIMO

The Cubs could use a leadoff hitter, send Timo there!

Don't click on threads that are labeled as being about Timo and you just might be able to avoid some of them.