"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
He has absolutely no confidence when he's hitting. I remember when he first came up Hawk was spouting off how he would eventually hit 20 homers a year. Watching him now, I wonder if he could hit 20 homers a year in batting practice.

I've never understood how hitters or even pitchers shine in the minors and then come up to the majors and underperform. They should call it the Scott Ruffcorn Disease.

LOL! These Texas announcers are pretty funny. The one guy commented on Blum's play and said it was funny. The other guy goes "funny how? like a clown?"

(Goodfellas reference BTW)

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
What's the over/under on the inning Hawk proclaims him one of the best young pitchers he's seen come up in some time?

Baseball America didn't have him in the top 10 prospects for Texas before the season.

1. Thomas Diamond, rhp

2. John Danks, lhp

3. Joaquin Arias, ss

4. Ian Kinsler, ss

5. Chris Young, rhp

6. John Hudgins, rhp

7. Juan Dominguez, rhp

8. Adrian Gonzalez, 1b

However....

The Rangers can see their future rotation just down the road in suburban Frisco, home of their Double-A affiliate. Righthanders Thomas Diamond and Edison Volquez and lefthander John Danks all started the year in the high Class A California League before making the big jump to Double-A.

[...]

"There's no question Volquez has the best fastball velocity and the best life on his fastball. I saw him 93-95 mph with movement, and he has a good changeup. Diamond doesn't quite have the deception in his delivery in the start where I saw him. He just wasn't as good as Volquez. He is a young guy who knows how to pitch, though. I could see him as a No. 3 or 4 starter who eats innings, but there's not enough there to say he's a frontline starter. He's got some feel. I had his fastball up to 94 mph, but it was straight. His breaking balls were OK, and with his arm slot, he really should stick with the slider and make the curve his fourth pitch. I saw some sliders at 84-86 mph, it could be pretty good. It should be his pitch of choice.

He supposedly has developed better stuff than the top 2 guys. You'll also notice that their #5 prostpect has done very well for himself this year at the ML level, and that #7 beat us yesterday.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Are you saying that Bum is not working his ass off??? He has no right to give anything other than 110%!!!

no im just saying that pablo brings life life to this team.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
There is no way McCarthy stops the Rangers next game, even with his recent hot streak.  We are going to lose both games and the Indians will probably win and will be up 5.5 games.

If the Indians win I will never post on Soxtalk again, same for you if they lose. Deal?