"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
Better than any pitch out of the zone with that lead. No hitter don't matter at all.

I agree. When I started typing that post, I didn't take into account the 5-0 lead. You should know me....I could care less about a no-hitter. Just win the damn game!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
Good job pitching over that.

BMacs a different pitcher hwen he locates and has his change.

He's keeping the hitters off-balanced. Also, he seems to not be trying to strike out every hitter. Rather, he's keeping his offspeed pitch low, and throwing it at the right time. It was painful to watch that KC outing earlier this year when he kept getting 2 strikes on the hitter, and he just couldn't put them away.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
Does anyone realize that Jhonny Peralta has a higher SLG than the great slugger Paul Konerko?

Yep, and he's clearly the most underrated player in the AL this season. If PK is so overrated, then why will so many teams be offering him a lot of money this offseason?

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
No, hes not. Hes 28th in the bigs in RBIs. In the only category he actually does well in, homeruns, hes 11th in the bigs.

As for the current game, Soriano doubles and the no hitter is gone. Oh well, it was a nice effort.

Yeah, we need more BA and Sean Casey! :headbang

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Peralta and VMart have simply been on FIRE in the month of August!!!

and Casey Blake has been damn good, and Sizemore, Hafner, Broussard, and Boone have picked their games up. They just have a dynamic offense that has become the Hulk Hogan of coming back against amazing obstacles.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
and Casey Blake has been damn good, and Sizemore, Hafner, Broussard, and Boone have picked their games up.  They just have a dynamic offense that has become the Hulk Hogan of coming back against amazing obstacles.

How many players on that team came via trade of players from their good ole days?? Oh and who are they?

Edited by Sox Hustler

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
How many players on that team came via trade of players from their good ole days??

I know Sizemore came in the Colon trade, as did Cliff Lee. Hafner was acquired in a trade with Texas, and Broussard was traded from the Reds.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
and Casey Blake has been damn good, and Sizemore, Hafner, Broussard, and Boone have picked their games up.  They just have a dynamic offense that has become the Hulk Hogan of coming back against amazing obstacles.

Cleveland has also played their last 23 games vs opponents with a record at or below .500 and went 17-6. That sure helps out a lot.