sox, cubs talking today?

thedoctor

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
I'd love to have Walker.  But as a back-up?

He'd get a lot of playing time. With Iguchi struggling, I'd love to have Walker instead of Willie as the back-up. Also, Walker could get some time at DH if Everett is in the field or needs a rest. FWIW, I've heard the Cubs didn't even put Nomar on waivers.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
so, where do the Cubs factor into this?

Besides accepting a deal to trade their starting second baseman? I'm not sure I'm following your question. :huh

As for Walker, I would love to have him. I coveted him when he was a free agent two years ago. A lefty bat like his would be extremely useful both now and in the playoffs.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Walker could DH against RHP.  Everett has been horrid from the left side of the plate.

Don't forget that Walker is having a great year against LHP also. He'd easily be one of our top 3 hitters. Something about Walker I've always respected is he's a tough out at the plate. He's not someone who will just give up an out by swinging wildly at a first pitch slider, etc.

He'd get a lot of playing time.  With Iguchi struggling, I'd love to have Walker instead of Willie as the back-up.  Also, Walker could get some time at DH if Everett is in the field or needs a rest.  FWIW, I've heard the Cubs didn't even put Nomar on waivers.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Did not know about Nomar, I'll have to tell my buddy quickman, who's been badgering me for the Sox to try and snag Nomar ... as if I could do something about it. :bang

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Yes he did. Which means nothing.

True, but Walker is the other Cubs player besides Lawton and H'worth who we know cleared waivers. If Levine should ever know about a story, it would be one with two Chicago teams involved.

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
I'd love to get Walker.  My ideal line-up VS. RHP

Pods

Rowand

Walker

Kong

Everett

Dye

Perz

Crede (when healthy)

Uribe

I think that has a nice balance to it.

I like it. PLus walker actually is decent in the lead off role, so hell can hit there is Scotty needs some rest.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
1. Levine is about as accurate as....

2.  Do you really think the cubs, after having an extremely dissapointing season, would trade their starting 2B to their crosstown rival for their playoff run?

i do. beats getting nothing for him. i doubt hendry cares much about that stuff.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
1. Levine is about as accurate as....

2.  Do you really think the cubs, after having an extremely dissapointing season, would trade their starting 2B to their crosstown rival for their playoff run?

I am going to have to get that copyright on point one. LOL

At this point the cubs dont care where they are getting prospects from, as long as they get prospects. And last time I checked we have lots and lots of OF prospects and they have no OFs' . We dont have to trade a good OF prospect to get Walker. But we have a crapload.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)

Cubs fans don't want Walker back next year. I honestly think Cubs fans could care less where he was traded to, as long as it's not the Cardinals.