Konerko to be an Angel?

Greg The Bull Luzinski

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Ooh, he throws a wrench in there...I still think Overbay is a possibility...if only Konerko played third!  :bang

Pods, Mueller, Tads doesn't sound bad at all.

No it doesn't. All 3 will hit around the .280 mark or higher (although Mueller could be a little lower, depending on how he would handle hitting at the Cell), while Tad moving down a spot allows him to concentrate more on power, and probably see some better pitches, so he'd hit around 20-25 HR's a season.

Then of course you've got Konerko at #4 assuming he stick around, then it gets interesting at 5. Carl Everett (who hits a lot better lower than #3), or if he's not coming back Jermaine Dye or a guy like Erubiel Durazo. Either way I'd like Dye at #6, Pierzynski at #7, and Rowand or Uribe at #8. Rowand wouldn't be a bad guy to have hitting at 9, if his power ain't going to come back, otherwise he gets moved back up the order.

The best news in this thread is that PK is seeking a 3-4 yr deal for 9-12M.

PK is worth 33/3 + option yr to the White Sox. It's not just about his stats.

With the departure of Lee, Magglio, & possibly Thomas Konerko is easily the most visible & marketable player on the White Sox. 33/3 + option is something the CWS can afford.

As for Thomas I think it's way too early to count him out or count him in.

2005 105AB 3DB, 12HR, 26RBI, 16W, 31Ks 905OPS

2005 RON 42AB 2DB, 3HR, 17RBI, 10W, 17Ks 784OPS

Thomas was a big lift because 65% of his RBI's were w RON & 53% of his R's (19) were w RON.

The buyout is the smart move because Frank is now injury prone. In relation to the White Sox his value should be judged by Everett's.

Everett 419AB, 51R, 16DB, 22HR, 80RBI, 36W, 85K's

Everett RON 188AB, 40R, 10DB, 11HR, 69RBI, 22W, 85K's

Everett will be making 7M in 2006. Thomas should be offered a 4M base + 6M in incentives dependant on R, RBI, & how often he creates a RISP from a RON.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Everett will be making 7M in 2006. 

That is incorrect.

he will receive a 3M salary in 2004 and then has a 4M player option for 2005- If he exercises it, the team would add a 5M Team option for 2006 with a 500K buyout- his 2005 Player option worth 4M was EXERCISED by Carl on 10/28/04, thus a 2006 Team option worth 5M w/ 500K buyout was ADDED to deal

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:34 AM)
Aww..did ya get your feelings hurt a bit with my post?

Those crowds this past week were AWFUL!

I was around during the 1977 season and those were fans!

I'm not ripping you guys or Sox fans in general. I'm ripping the city for not supporting such a good team! This club deserves 30,000 each night for what they've accomplished this season. Even the players admitted that they've come out flat because of the enormous amount of blue seats visible to them.

By the way, I could handle any "four-letter" words you could throw out, either on here or in person. So, let 'em fly.

I'm gonna step in here and say: Rich, don't encourage people to attack you. It's not warranted. Everything's cool, but I'd ask that you refrain from escalating things.

Kap

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
Who and what is a troll?

step 1: find a mirror

step 2: look

Your only opinion seems to be that of bashing sox fans. You are on a msg board of sox fans, many of us are season ticket holders who spend our well earned money supporting our team. Your opinion of us is not apprecitated.

That is ALL

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Why is Thomas not an upgrade?  When he played for just a little bit this year, it was a huge lift for the team offensively.  He hit about the lowest average wise you possibly can, yet still put up an OPS that would either be leading the team or would be second on the team to PK. 

If he puts up a .240 season, that could be a .950 OPS campaign.  He'd be a little rusty, for sure, due to barely having played the past 2 years...but if he is truly, 100% healthy, he is still one of the best power hitters in the league, and will still slug the hell out of the ball. 

You bring him back to a fairly incentive laden deal(perhaps a Juan Gonzalez deal, where if he only has one at bat for you, you aren't screwed) and there is very little risk at all, and all the reward in the world.

JMHO, but I think it would be worth it...just because he can only DH does not mean he's not a valuable player.

Wsf, if there was a chest-bump smiley, I'd do it. 'Cause it fits this post. These will have to do... :headbang :cheers

step 1: find a mirror

step 2: look

Your only opinion seems to be that of bashing sox fans.  You are on a msg board of sox fans, many of us are season ticket holders who spend our well earned money supporting our team.  Your opinion of us is not apprecitated.

That is ALL

Wake up, Rock.

Like I'm criticizing season-ticket holders?

I'm criticizing the town of Chicago for not supporting OUR team.

Besides, I've been around longer than just about all of you and have supported the Sox for a lot longer, as well.

You guys need to lighten up or you will continue to lose people who can contribute to this site.

My ideal off-season would be to lose Crede, Konerko, Everett, and Frank(I know but for the good of the team)...... Than sign Furcal, Mueller, trade for Overbay, and trade for Tracy.

Brian Anderson would probably be dealt in one of those deals or if the organization wants to deal Rowand he would be the CF. With the new lineup Anderson wouldnt be 2 bad.

Podsenick

Furcal

Iguchi

Overbay

Tracy

Mueller

Dye

Pierznski

Anderson

Also it should still have some decent power... Iguchi 25ish, Overbay 20-25, Tracy 25-30, Mueller 10-15, Dye 25-30, Pierznski 15-20

Also Uribe would be like the super sub for that lineup... 2B, SS, and 3B.

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
Wake up, Rock.

Besides, I've been around longer than just about all of you and have supported the Sox for a lot longer, as well.

You guys need to lighten up or you will continue to lose people who can contribute to this site.

This site is a LOT looser than any other Sox messageboard you will find.

Where does that comment have merit?

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
This site is a LOT looser than any other Sox messageboard you will find.

Where does that comment have merit?

Not to mention the fact that Soxtalk has been gaining members like crazy of late simply because people are getting banned from WSI because of how anal they are.

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Wake up, Rock.

I think you are the one who needs to lighten up. If you keep getting into peoples faces, you aren't going to last long here anyway.