Predict When 'IT' Will Happen

chisoxt

I believe that the fate of this team is now sealed.....This thing has been a leaking balloon for six weeks now, culminating with the devastating extra inning losses against Minn and LAA, an losing three of four to lowly KC. The question in my mind is not if the Sox will lose the divisional lead but when.... My prediction is that they come out flat against Minn and lose Friday night. Then Santana beats them on Saturday and the Twins finish off the sweep on Sunday. Cleveland will take two of three from Kansas City going into the Sox series trailing by 1.5 games...

Then, Cleveland will win the first two games of the series and take over first place by next Tuesday.

But the Sox will salvage Wednesday's game and move back into first by a half game.

I need to polish my crystal ball to see what will happen the rest of the way.

I can honestly say I don't even want to think about it and won't.

Too depressing.

I will not pick a date.

It's been totally depressing to just want the baseball season to end with us on top by a half game. Usually the thought of baseball season ending is utterly depressing.

Ain't gonna happen.

The Sox are going to have a great series in Minny and come home Monday on a high note. We owe them a sweep. Cleveland's going to take the lowly Royals for granted and lose 2 of 3. And then we're going to procede to beat the everlovings*** out of Cleveland and reassert our dominance in the division and in the league.

You think I'm full of s***, but take a look at how well the Sox are swinging the bats. Crede's hitting, Uribe's hitting, even Carl seems to be coming around. Dye's hitting, Pods is hitting and Iguchi is f'n clutch. We all know what Pauly's doing but because he can't handle pressure he'll be dropped back to clean up this weekend. Even AJ has shown some life at the plate. The pitching has stumbled but will be picked up by the hitting.

:bringit

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Ain't gonna happen.

The Sox are going to have a great series in Minny and come home Monday on a high note. We owe them a sweep. Cleveland's going to take the lowly Royals for granted and lose 2 of 3. And then we're going to procede to beat the everlovings*** out of Cleveland and reassert our dominance in the division and in the league.

You think I'm full of s***, but take a look at how well the Sox are swinging the bats. Crede's hitting, Uribe's hitting, even Carl seems to be coming around. Dye's hitting, Pods is hitting and Iguchi is f'n clutch. We all know what Pauly's doing but because he can't handle pressure he'll be dropped back to clean up this weekend. Even AJ has shown some life at the plate. The pitching has stumbled but will be picked up by the hitting.

I like this kid.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Ain't gonna happen.

Garland might win his game. Duque has no chance against Santana. Whoever faces Liriano(either Garland or Garcia/BMac) will probably lose no matter how good they pitch since we suck against pitchers we haven't seen. I say s*** hits the fan Wednesday.

QUOTE(chisoxt @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
I believe that the fate of this team is now sealed.....This thing has been a leaking balloon for six weeks now, culminating with the devastating extra inning losses against Minn and LAA, an losing three of four to lowly KC.  The question in my mind is not if the Sox will lose the divisional lead but when.... My prediction is that they come out flat against Minn and lose Friday night. Then Santana beats them on Saturday and the Twins finish off the sweep on Sunday. Cleveland will take two of three from Kansas City going into the Sox series trailing by 1.5 games...

Then, Cleveland will win the first two games of the series and take over first place by next Tuesday.

But the Sox will salvage Wednesday's game and move back into first by a half game.

I need to polish my crystal ball to see what will happen the rest of the way.

If we get swept in Minn and Cleveland takes 2 of 3, the lead would be 2.5. :P

There's a storm in Minnesota with the Sox plane being the last one able to get in. Ozzie, however, misses the flight. The storm lasts all weekend, and Ozzie cannot get a flight to Minneapolis, leaving Harold Baines in charge. Luckily the games go on thanks to the Metrodome. He sets the lineup for the weekend as follows:

Pods

Iguchi

Konerko

Dye

Uribe

Rowand

Everett

Pierz

Crede

On the advice of Don Cooper, who says El Duque has "a tired arm," Baines starts McCarthy against Santana. McCarthy pitches a two-hit shutout, which Jenks closes out, while the Sox's only run comes off an Iguchi homer (lucky he was in the game, eh?). The Sox scrape out the other two games, as well. The Royals, inspired by their wins against the Sox and the brilliant managing of Buddy Bell, sweep the Indians, sending the Tribe spiraling. After the White Sox win two out of three against them in the next series, the Indians stand 8.5 behind in the division race, and Sox fans are confident in their lead.