:gosox4: :gosox1: :bringit :gosox3:

Mods: Please insert game thread in title. In my exuberance I forgot :bang

Edited by sox-r-us

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
That freaking rookie is Francisco Liriano. 

Whatever you do, just don't look at his numbers in the minors so far this year.  Please.

HAHA. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. He's Johan Jr. basically. 5 years ago from now, we'll be telling ourselves "He was just some freaking rookie".

"Through two starts and two relief appearances, totalling 10 2/3 innings, the organization's top lefty prospect has 17 strikeouts and four walks."

17 strikeouts??????

Sounds like it could be golden sombrero day at the cell. Here's hoping Mark steps up and the Sox pull out another nail biter.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
"Through two starts and two relief appearances, totalling 10 2/3 innings, the organization's top lefty prospect has 17 strikeouts and four walks."

17 strikeouts??????

Sounds like it could be golden sombrero day at the cell. Here's hoping Mark steps up and the Sox pull out another nail biter.

Yep. Remember what San Francisco gave up for A.J Pierzynski? Joe Nathan, Francisco Lirano, and Boof Bonser (11-9, 3.68 ERA in AAA, 168/57 K/BB ratio). OUCH. :banghead

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
Yep. Remember what San Francisco gave up for A.J Pierzynski? Joe Nathan, Francisco Lirano, and Boof Bonser (11-9, 3.68 ERA in AAA, 168/57 K/BB ratio). OUCH.  :banghead

As i was just saying to wite over aim... can you think of a bigger rapage than that in recent memory? I mean there are some good ones like hafner and ramirez... but the twins got back three pitchers that will be helping them for years to come in all likely hood.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
As i was just saying to wite over aim... can you think of a bigger rapage than that in recent memory? I mean there are some good ones like hafner and ramirez... but the twins got back three pitchers that will be helping them for years to come in all likely hood.

How about Bartolo Colon and Tim Drew to the Expos for Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips and Lee Stevens.

Based on results this entire century, I fear "insert rookie name here" far more than Colon, Santana, Johnson, et. al.

I'm not nearly as worried about Mark Buerhle showing up as I am worried about the bats showing up. :gosox2: I know what I'll be praying about in Church today. You know, after the important, altrusistic, stuff.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
I'll be there..  :cheers  :gosox1:

Let's wrap up this season at home with a winner guys!!!  :snr

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the game nor watch it! Prior engagement with my wife and the kids to see an Orchid Show will not allow me. However, I will certainly tune in the car radio to catch up with the score.

Bring home the W Buehrle.

Time to win the very last home game of the season on a good note. Hopefully, the mo' from last night can carry over to today against Cy Rookie.

BTW, Cleveland is 17-2 in their last 19 games. Talk about sick. It's Westbrook v. Greinke in that series finale.

Mark, did you see what Freddy did last night? You can do that, too.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

Edited by robinventura23

Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Rowand, CF ... Konerko, 1B ... Dye, RF ... Everett, DH ... AJ, C ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Buehrle, LHP.

Bears Fan

Aaron Rowand was decked out in Bears apparel before the game. With batting practice cancelled because of the rain (players hit under the stands in our cages), guys sat and watched the Bears/Bengals game. Rowand lives and dies with the Bears.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Rowand, CF ... Konerko, 1B ... Dye, RF ... Everett, DH ... AJ, C ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Buehrle, LHP.

Bears Fan

Aaron Rowand was decked out in Bears apparel before the game.  With batting practice cancelled because of the rain (players hit under the stands in our cages), guys sat and watched the Bears/Bengals game.  Rowand lives and dies with the Bears.

I would stick w/ that lineup the rest of the year!!