9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
I don't feel like getting into it, but...

I strongly -- strongly disagree with your assessment on Dunn.

That is all.  :)

Told you they'd score some more tonight. Aaron gets it in the air and works wonders :cheers

But let me ask you this..does Dunn swing for the fences...YES.

I don't want anyone that does that. He's a horrid hitter and his OPS/OBP may be great, but he can't handle the bat.

Now Manny thats a freaking hitter.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
I'll puke if that happens.  Nomar = Frank (ie I don't want anyone you can't count on being healthy).  Dunn is as over-rated as it gets.  Sure he'd be great, but this guy doesn't have a clue how to execute.  He went a couple years without a sac fly or something.  Pathetic. 

I agree that Dunn doesn't execute very well. But I think it's more of a product of his team's philosophy. Just like the way Pods would swing for the fences with everyone else on the Brewers, the Reds team is an all or nothing team also.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
And where are you going to play Delgado/PK when we're in interleague? I think Delgado is too big of a bat to have as a DH and same as PK. Neither could play any other positions.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARDDDDDDDD........YES!!!!!!!!

I don't worry about things like that. You have a DH almost the entire season and than when your in an NL park you play the matchups.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
I'll puke if that happens.  Nomar = Frank (ie I don't want anyone you can't count on being healthy).  Dunn is as over-rated as it gets.  Sure he'd be great, but this guy doesn't have a clue how to execute.  He went a couple years without a sac fly or something.  Pathetic. 

Resign Paulie..trade for Delgado...keep the rest of the cast in place, add another reliever, deal Duque.

I am sick of people saying that the marlins want out of delgado's contract and the same with beltre. Find me some examples of teams signing players to large 3/4 year deal and immediately trading them the following year.

Both beltre and delgado will be on their respective teams next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
I agree that Dunn doesn't execute very well.  But I think it's more of a product of his team's philosophy.  Just like the way Pods would swing for the fences with everyone else on the Brewers, the Reds team is an all or nothing team also.

Maybe your right, but that still doesn't get past what it would cost to get him. You could get Delgado (whose better...although he gets paid more) without giving up the farm.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
Told you they'd score some more tonight.  Aaron gets it in the air and works wonders :cheers

But let me ask you this..does Dunn swing for the fences...YES. 

I don't want anyone that does that.  He's a horrid hitter and his OPS/OBP may be great, but he can't handle the bat. 

Now Manny thats a freaking hitter.

Yeah, I'd love to have Manny as my DH too, but you know what? That's a dream which we will never see in our lifetimes. We should be quite happy that our team actually had a hitter like Thomas in our lifetimes. We will never be able to afford a guy like that...what is he $23 million a year or so?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
I am sick of people saying that the marlins want out of delgado's contract and the same with beltre. Find me some examples of teams signing players to large 3/4 year deal and immediately trading them the following year.

Marlins has to deal with getting their own park, from what I've heard.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
Maybe your right, but that still doesn't get past what it would cost to get him.  You could get Delgado (whose better...although he gets paid more) without giving up the farm.

You know what my proposed trade is: Contreras, Marte, and Sweeney for Dunn and another player.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)

I'm sure Beltre will, but there is a lto of talk that Beltre or Delgado will be moved. Its pure economics and it makes no sense for the Fish to continue paying Delgaod the big bucks and let some of there young talent walk away.

Plus they are having enough trouble getting a new stadium built.