9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
But let me ask you this..does Dunn swing for the fences...YES. 

I don't want anyone that does that.  He's a horrid hitter and his OPS/OBP may be great, but he can't handle the bat. 

Now Manny thats a freaking hitter.

I can care less that he swings for the fences -- he's actually good at it.

Very few guys in baseball can put up a .380 OBP while hitting 45+ homeruns and a s***load of doubles.

It's worth a whole lot.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
You know what my proposed trade is:  Contreras, Marte, and Sweeney for Dunn and another player.

Uh no.

If Jose pitches like this all year he is the best pitcher in the league. And its not like he's done this a couple of weeks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
You know what my proposed trade is:  Contreras, Marte, and Sweeney for Dunn and another player.

I swear, if the Sox make that deal I'd go shoot the GM. I would barely give up Chris Young for Adam Dunn, let alone a stud pitcher like Contreras.

i gotta figure they're going to trade an outfielder.

with Anderson, Owens, young and Sweeney, JR will be telling Kenny Stanford to make room for a few more guys making the minimum.

you can be sure that they're counting on Owens bumping Pods out of lf by 2007

and young will be in CF when ARow is ready for free agency

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
I can care less that he swings for the fences -- he's actually good at it.

Very few guys in baseball can put up a .380 OBP while hitting 45+ homeruns and  a s***load of doubles. 

It's worth a whole lot.

AVG means something to me.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
I swear, if the Sox make that deal I'd go shoot the GM.  I would barely give up Chris Young for Adam Dunn, let alone a stud pitcher like Contreras.

Dunn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chris young now and probally six years down the road.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
How about for Tex?

Nope. I'm not trading pitching. Not doing it. Duque and all the prospects they want, but I'm not giving up any of the big 4 or McCarthy. You can never have too much pitching and I'm not going to give pitching to anyone.

I don't want to trade Contreras either, but just to play Devil's Advocate/Fathom, he's going to be a free agent after next year, so if he puts up numbers like he did the 2nd half of this year, he'll be too expensive for us, and if he doesn't put up those numbers, then we'd have missed the chance to trade him at his highest value (this offseason)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
I don't want to trade Contreras either,  but just to play Devil's Advocate/Fathom, he's going to be a free agent after next year, so if he puts up numbers like he did the 2nd half of this year, he'll be too expensive for us, and if he doesn't put up those numbers, then we'd have missed the chance to trade him at his highest value (this offseason)

Absolutely my thinking

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Someone proposed on minorleagueball that if Ozzie bolts to Florida and Pierre leaves (don't know 100% if he's a FA), Ozzie may want Pods to go down an join him.

Free agent after next year. But they could play podsednik in left since juan encarnacion is a free agent at season's end. But would there really be a need for three lead-off hitters?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
I don't worry about things like that.  You have a DH almost the entire season and than when your in an NL park you play the matchups.

So say we get to the World Series. You now have to bench one of your big boppers for half the games. I'd happily do an upgrade of PK to Delgado, but fact is we need a DH that can also play a fielding position that is not the same as your only other big bopper. Again, Nomar would make sense. No matter what, all the FA's that are signable are going to be injury risks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Absolutely my thinking

I bet he stays here for a little less money. we gave him the second chance, and he really likes it here. I doubt TONS of money means a whole lot to a guy like him.

Edited by jphat007