9-28 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Unless he turns down a 5yr 15 mill per season deal I won't be smearing him.  He's one of my all time favorite White Sox.  The guy is the epitome of grinder.

I agree, but it was a little disappointing to see the way we treaded Carlos and Ordonez when they left.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
there is no way the Sox are going to be able to land 2 big time bats in the off-season.

The real problem is that we need a second one. Quite badly. (Can it be #35?)

Konerko would be so much better if he had someone hitting in front of him setting him up.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
I think it's possible.

One via trade -- Adam Dunn or Chad Tracy.

One via free agency -- Nomar.

:)

I'll puke if that happens. Nomar = Frank (ie I don't want anyone you can't count on being healthy). Dunn is as over-rated as it gets. Sure he'd be great, but this guy doesn't have a clue how to execute. He went a couple years without a sac fly or something. Pathetic.

Resign Paulie..trade for Delgado...keep the rest of the cast in place, add another reliever, deal Duque.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
I'll puke if that happens.  Nomar = Frank (ie I don't want anyone you can't count on being healthy).  Dunn is as over-rated as it gets.  Sure he'd be great, but this guy doesn't have a clue how to execute.  He went a couple years without a sac fly or something.  Pathetic. 

Resign Paulie..trade for Delgado...keep the rest of the cast in place, add another reliever, deal Duque.

I don't feel like getting into it, but...

I strongly -- strongly disagree with your assessment on Dunn.

That is all. :)

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
adam dunn?

he can't play the field.

and he whiffs about a million times

pass on that.

He'd be the best offensive player on our team the second he puts on the jersey. Check out his OPS before you start trashing him.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
I'll puke if that happens.  Nomar = Frank (ie I don't want anyone you can't count on being healthy).  Dunn is as over-rated as it gets.  Sure he'd be great, but this guy doesn't have a clue how to execute.  He went a couple years without a sac fly or something.  Pathetic. 

And where are you going to play Delgado/PK when we're in interleague? I think Delgado is too big of a bat to have as a DH and same as PK. Neither could play any other positions.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARDDDDDDDD........YES!!!!!!!!