Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

I was going to turn down the TV volume and listen to Rooney and Farmio anyways, but this just adds more incentive. For those of you who have to listen to the TV broadcast, brace yourselves...

Get ready for a full dose of Chris Berman, Sox fans. "The Boomer" will call at least the first three games of the series for ESPN. He will be joined by former Cub Rick Sutcliffe and New York Mets catcher Mike Piazza.

From the Trib

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 04:52 AM)
I was going to turn down the TV volume and listen to Rooney and Farmio anyways, but this just adds more incentive.  For those of you who have to listen to the TV broadcast, brace yourselves...

From the Trib

Wow, thats worse than listening to guys like Bill Maas on the NFL games. I wonder how Berman still has a job sometimes.

i've been reading this board for a loooong time now, and i think it's an appropriate time to hit you with my first post:

HELL YEAH, WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

Manny and Ortiz can't hit what they can't track, and with Jose's new arm angle, I think it'll be a low scoring affair.

Also, the pitching matchups favor us faaar too heavily to call us underdogs. Their number one pitcher isn't as good as our number four. They may win a game or two with their offense, but as with any sport, defense wins you the series...and 99 games

P.S. Mike Piazza, Rick Sutcliffe, and Boomer? Holy crap, I'd rather gouge out my eardrums.

:gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox2:

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
I was going to turn down the TV volume and listen to Rooney and Farmio anyways, but this just adds more incentive.  For those of you who have to listen to the TV broadcast, brace yourselves...

From the Trib

remember when "boomer" ripped Sox fans for booing Jerry Manuel as well as Cubs players during the all star game? I haven't forgotten it, that guy's a tool.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
The lineup today will be the lineup on Tuesday and Aaron looks like crap right now.

Aaron clobbers Boston's pitching.

He has more HRs this year vs them than anyone else on the team.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
Aaron clobbers Boston's pitching.

He has more HRs this year vs them than anyone else on the team.

That's in 7 games. Jermaine has been our 2nd best hitter all year, why not have our two best hitters in the 3-4 holes for once?

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
i've been reading this board for a loooong time now, and i think it's an appropriate time to hit you with my first post:

HELL YEAH, WHITE SOX!!!!!!!

Manny and Ortiz can't hit what they can't track, and with Jose's new arm angle, I think it'll be a low scoring affair.

Also, the pitching matchups favor us faaar too heavily to call us underdogs.  Their number one pitcher isn't as good as our number four.  They may win a game or two with their offense, but as with any sport, defense wins you the series...and 99 games

P.S. Mike Piazza, Rick Sutcliffe, and Boomer?  Holy crap, I'd rather gouge out my eardrums.

:gosox2:  :gosox2:  :gosox2:

Welcome.

I wouldn't bring out the broom before an actual sweep though. It's kinda frowned upon.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
My lineup for game #1 would be:

Podsednik

Iguchi

Rowand

Konerko

Everett

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Uribe

Rowand is 2-3 off of clement this year with a homer... but if clement has his good slider working rowand will just be racking up strikeouts. Now if you said for rowand to bat third against wakefield i would agree 100%. He is 10-14 with four homers and an ops of 2.393 off him.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Matt Clement has only pitched once against us in 2005. He pitched 6 innings, gave up 4 runs, 3 to the long ball, with 2 BB's and 5 K's, for an ERA of 6.

He's had a 5.72 ERA since the All Star Break. His K/BB ratio has dropped significantly from pre ASB 97/35 to 49/33.

He was also fortunate enough to have mother nature wash away another s***ty outing against the Sox.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
I wouldn't bring out the broom before an actual sweep though.  It's kinda frowned upon.

but i put a question mark! so its like...open ended...nah, ok, no brooms. besides, more games = more fun

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
i'm sure that we'll get a night game when we play at Red Cubs field...errrr, Fenway.

i would like to see atleast 1 home night game in the ALDS, probably won't happen.

Wednesday night.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Game 1 is critical for us.  If we win, it will be our first playoff home victory since 1959.I think our strong suit against the Bosox is our pitching.  Those wooden things that the  white sox at the ball coming from the mound must be like  pinochio and come alive and stay alive for  all 3  series'.  Remember this is like commentators say every year its a new season what players have done all season doesn't matter.  It's the 200 hitter stepping up, the kirk gibson.  If you look we have plenty of 200 hitters to step up some with experience in post season.  We ar a lock :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
Rowand is 2-3 off of clement this year with a homer... but if clement has his good slider working rowand will just be racking up strikeouts. Now if you said for rowand to bat third against wakefield i would agree 100%. He is 10-14 with four homers and an ops of 2.393 off him.

As of now, Dye will bat 3rd in the first game. I prefer this lineup than having Rowand batting 3rd.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/031sd3.htm

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
This will not be a walk in the park type series.  These guys are not the World Chanps for nothing.

YASNY, of course this will be one of our TOUGHEST series. The Red Sox hitting lineup scares me. However, I feel their pitching (starting & bullpen) kind of offsets their great hitting lineup. We have a better pitching rotation than theirs. Let's win game 1 and 2, then head to Boston. I feel much more secured that way, don't you?