Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

Bobby Howry: "With the pitching that they've got, they (CHISOX) can go all the way."

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...tives&fext=.jsp

If you're feeling sleighted as a ChiSox fan:

The Red Sox are favored in the postseason because they are the Red Sox.

The team with the statistically superior pitching, which is clearly the White Sox here, would be the favorite. Baseball tradition demands that approach.

:snr :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
Buzzing?  Nobody's posting.  Or am I on the wrong site?  I know there are probably 20 Red Sox message boards.

55 members 4 guests currently on line (including me), wow, I would hate to see how it was when it was dead :bang

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
Buzzing?  Nobody's posting.  Or am I on the wrong site?  I know there are probably 20 Red Sox message boards.

I'm buzzing (well not really buzzing, but...) I just have no idea what I should post. Aren't we officially in the 'wait and see' period? Nothing has really happened in two days..what are we supposed to talk about?

Just waiting for the time to tick by to get this game going :cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
I'm strangely calm for this game.  I think I was a lot more nervous for the Indians series two weeks ago.

Ditto. Excited, but calm.

Just got home from school (went to two periods). IlliniKrush and Snb about to pick me up...

Go get 'em, Jose. :headbang

sucks for me....gotta go to work at 1:30 and will be listening to the radio. Thing is the radio doesn't come in good when I'm driving....only when the car is off will it work good on ESPN 1000. I'll be turning the van of a s***load today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)
I'm strangely calm for this game.  I think I was a lot more nervous for the Indians series two weeks ago.

That calm is confidence in JC & the team. As long as we stay away from errors & walks we should continue on. At least then we will not be pissed if they lose playing well. Not to mention we have yet to really be screwed by the umps in the strike zone. I want to prepare everybody for some bad umping behind the plate. Remember that we are not the darlings in baseball and that the TV will want Boston to move on not us. This seems to be our year. If anyone is going to the games please make sure you don't interfere with play! NO BARTMANS! & if the guy next to you is stupid enough to interfere...tackle his ass!

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
I'm getting confused over the start time again. I see both 3pm and 4pm quoted as the start time. I think its 11 am in Chicago now, so is it 4 or 5 hours to start of play? :britishflag:

3 pm Chicago time, it is now 11 am. IIRC it should be a 8:07 pm first pitch in London. Dealing with the LME can come in handy :cheers

A co-worker here is a HUGE Red Sox fan. Parallel to Jimmy Fallon in "Fever Pitch." He's got his Red Sox shirt and hat on today. But, he's a cool guy. He told me today, "May the best Sox win, and I believe it will be the White ones." We'll be huddled in the lunchroom watching at 3pm.

I'm getting so antsy, thank God there's the Padres-Cardinals to bide my time.

:gosox1: