Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
I hope we dont get Ozzie Montona in the playoffs. The Sox have to be smart with these two guys. Ozzie better not come out saying "Were not afraid of anyone, we going to go right after them..... While it sounds like the right attitude, those guys are that team.

Take the bats out of there hands.

You've hit the nail on the head for the entire post season Tony. We cannot let the Papi's, Vlads or A Rods beat us. The bad news is, when have you ever seen Ozzie change his methods?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
It's supposed to be 80 degrees and partly sunny on Tuesday.    That's a LOT warmer than any playoff game I remember.

I see a high of 85 for Tuesday, either way, I am SO sick of this weather. I just know that it will go from roasting to freezing with no in between :banghead .

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
HEY RED SAWX, YOU THINK YOU CAN COME INTO OUR PLACE?  HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT s*** RED SAWX AND YOUR SO CALLED NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN IT!!!!!!!!!! BURN THEIR NATION TO THE f***ING GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Phillips likes the Sox, HR doesn't.

ESPN Sportsnation has a poll for our series with the Sox currently leading the "who will win the series" question.

Foxsports.com has a poll that says "Which is the best series?", our series again leading.

If the Sox can win this series, I think it will be big for us in terms of national attention. Much like the Angels when they beat the vaunted Yanks in '02.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Steve Phillips likes the Sox, HR doesn't.

ESPN Sportsnation has a poll for our series with the Sox currently leading the "who will win the series" question.

Foxsports.com has a poll that says "Which is the best series?", our series again leading.

If the Sox can win this series, I think it will be big for us in terms of national attention. Much like the Angels when they beat the vaunted Yanks in '02.

god it'd be somethin for us to win..

i've been denied it my entire life it seems so surreal ... to end the defending world series champs season...thats amazing that our team has that power...i can't wait...this'll be a treat!

Is it Jose's turn in the rotation? I'd have started Freddie in Game One, just a gut feeling he'd be the man.

p.s. which team do the shadows favor? The game will be played in the shadows of late afternoon baseball.

Just think of it, in florida they may actually have more then 1 white sox type hat on sale in places! AMAZING?

its funny, i go to malls and they have 12 diff yankee / red sox hats, 3-4 dif cubs hats, a couple angels hats and dodgers and etc. and then the beloved white sox just get the normal hat on one spot. :(.

tho im getting a pink white sox hat, and all white one from ebay :D

Is it Jose's turn in the rotation? I'd have started Freddie in Game One, just a gut feeling he'd be the man.

p.s. which team do the shadows favor? The game will be played in the shadows of late afternoon baseball.

Matt Clement has only pitched once against us in 2005. He pitched 6 innings, gave up 4 runs, 3 to the long ball, with 2 BB's and 5 K's, for an ERA of 6.

He's had a 5.72 ERA since the All Star Break. His K/BB ratio has dropped significantly from pre ASB 97/35 to 49/33.

He's ripe for the picking. Keep Dye in the 3 spot. Keep Everett in the 5 or 6 spot. If the likes of Crede and Uribe can produce some hits, I'm confident we'll get the job done.

FWIW JC's numbers. 2.96 ERA since the ASB. K/BB ratio improved from 72/47 to 82/27. In the 1 game he faced against Boston, 5.2IP, 3ER, 2 to the long-ball, 2BB's and 6K's for an ERA of 4.76.

He gives up the long ball far more at home, so that's my main issue with him tomorrow. If he doesn't give up any homers, I'm confident he'll produce as he has done in the 2nd half. Only 7HR's given up since the ASB anyways. :)

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)

Freddie pitches far better away than at home anyways. JC's got the momentum, it's the right move.

gotta figure most of the national media picks the Carmines.

they can't get enough of BoSox Yankees.,

If we pitch the right way, we've got a legit shot.

Our pitchers were falling apart in 2000. Parque was never the same. Neither was Baldwin. And Sirotka never pitched again.

This staff should give us a better chance.

at least that's the plan

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
Get used to afternoon baseball :angry: again best record in AL and short end of stick like in 2000. lets win this time :gosoxretro:

i'm sure that we'll get a night game when we play at Red Cubs field...errrr, Fenway.

i would like to see atleast 1 home night game in the ALDS, probably won't happen.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
gotta figure most of the national media picks the Carmines.

they can't get enough of BoSox Yankees.,

If we pitch the right way, we've got a legit shot.

Our pitchers were falling apart in 2000. Parque was never the same. Neither was Baldwin. And Sirotka never pitched again.

This staff should give us a better chance.

at least that's the plan

What killed us in the 2000 playoffs... No hitting and very good pitching in the playoffs

If we have learned anything over the past few years it's that a team's performance down the stretch is the best indicator for how well it will perform in the post-season. (Angels, Marlins, & even Red Sox).

With this in mind here's how the two teams compare:

Sept CWS 126R, 121RBI, 273A/789O vs Opp 109R, 100RBI, 250A/721O 17W 12L

Sept BOS 136R, 130RBI, 260A/754O vs Opp 128R, 121RBI, 266A/753O 17W 12L

Sept CWS 163R, 152RBI 269/785 vs Opp 161R, 153RBI, 265/792 17W 12L

Sept BOS 176R, 172RBI, 273A/838O vs Opp 144R, 133RBI, 247A/730 18W 10L

BOS doesn't look any where near as formidable as last year. Chi-Sox in 4.

I can't wait to watch JC against the BOSOX. GO SOX! My bud told me a long time ago that the team that won the first 40 & 50 games of the year won the WS something like 80% of the time. Just another stupid stat i like to throw out there. Something tells me that the SOX future of playoffs is going to get habitary!