The Widge

Heads22

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
I don't know if we'll get to see him again outside of garbage time, but I thought that the guy deserved a thread for this season. A backup catcher who did what we needed. I mean, seriously, who doesn't like the Widge?

i love the widge! i met him and konerko at the blackhawks game sunday night!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
I don't know if we'll get to see him again outside of garbage time, but I thought that the guy deserved a thread for this season. A backup catcher who did what we needed. I mean, seriously, who doesn't like the Widge?

I could see him getting a start against Washburn in Game 2. Widge was 4 for 8 against the Angels with a dinger this year.

In related news, Pierzynski was 1 for 26 against the Angels this year. That's not so good.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
In related news, Pierzynski was 1 for 26 against the Angels this year.  That's not so good.

He's 3 for 15 against Byrd career wise, 5 for 18 against Lackey, 6 for 30 against Colon, 0 for 7 against Washburn, so not the greatest numbers there either, but they're still respectable.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
He's 3 for 15 against Byrd career wise, 5 for 18 against Lackey, 6 for 30 against Colon, 0 for 7 against Washburn, so not the greatest numbers there either, but they're still respectable.

Another reason to start the Widge against Washburn. Widge went big time on Washburn this year. 3-4 with a long one. Must have called a good game, too, because the Angels only scored 2 runs.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
Widge is God.  There is no other way around it.

I think kw and Ozzie picked catchers who could call the best games . I have no complaint about widger or aj hitting. Widger hit a great home run off off of was it Zito. MY only complaint is throwing men out stealing bases . They are not so goof what about 20%. this could be better :gosox3:

QUOTE(forrestg @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
I think kw and Ozzie picked catchers who could call the best games . I have no complaint about widger or aj hitting. Widger hit a great home run off off of was it Zito. MY only complaint is throwing men out stealing bases . They are not so goof what about 20%.  this could be better :gosox3:

Just look at the guys they have to catch for, Contreras is probably the worst pitcher in baseaball at holding guys on, Freddy is right up there with him as is El Duque. Buehrle is one of the best at holding guys at first so people don't even bother trying to steal off Buehrle, so that gives them less oppurtunities.

AJ and Chris may not be all that great at throwing people out but they get absolutely no help from 3 of the 5 guys they caught on a regular basis during the season.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:44 AM)
The Jaime Burke fan club is going to be P.I.S.S.E.D. at this thread

Yea, but i liked widger alot. Im more pissed about casanova getting called up over Burke. I guess we didnt want to put ourselves at too much of an advantage in september