Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2

Whitesoxfan56

How many pro athletes step up their game and completely dominate when they're sick?! I'm a little worried about Washburn tonight. He needs to throw a couple wild pitches and get down in the count, the way Clement pitched. If he's on his game, it won't be good! :angry:

Before the series started, I told a friend of mine I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 3 in a row.. after winning 8 in a row.. and then after losing 3 in a row, we'll go on another 8 game winning streak, enough to win the World Series! :headbang That's typically how things have been going in 2005. :D

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
How many pro athletes step up their game and completely dominate when they're sick?!  I'm a little worried about Washburn tonight.  He needs to throw a couple wild pitches and get down in the count, the way Clement pitched.  If he's on his game, it won't be good!  :angry:

Before the series started, I told a friend of mine I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 3 in a row.. after winning 8 in a row.. and then after losing 3 in a row, we'll go on another 8 game winning streak, enough to win the World Series!   :headbang    That's typically how things have been going in 2005.   :D

We need to get all Chicagoans with a cold to sit behind the Angels dugout. Anything to help. Even if in means putting Ex Lax in the Angels room service.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
No need for a long post.

Do or die time for all these guys.

Lets be at 1-1 and head to LA.

Sox.

^^^^^^

Well said. No more whining about how we should have won with better execution, etc. Game 1 is over, and no matter what happened, the Angels won! It's a brand new ballgame tonight...and hopefully the team/manager learned some things last night.

Thx to last night, every game from now on in this series is the biggest one of the year.

Washburn said he feels 100%, so let's not get into that "oh, we should kick his ass' mind set. It didn't work too well last night, did it? We need to not beat ourselves and a vintage Mark performance.

This series is going to 7 games. Tonites game is HUGE! Esspecially since we don't play too well out West.

Well, if we know there will be a game 7, who cares about tonight's? :P

And true to form, the White Sox couldnt get over the 8 game winning streak hump.

Not only that, but I think after every 8 game streak, they have lost at least two in a row :ph34r:

Seriously, just keep the walks down and keep the top of their lineup off the basepaths and the Sox should be able to take what will be a low scoring battle.

SFF

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
How many pro athletes step up their game and completely dominate when they're sick?!  I'm a little worried about Washburn tonight.  He needs to throw a couple wild pitches and get down in the count, the way Clement pitched.  If he's on his game, it won't be good!  :angry:

Before the series started, I told a friend of mine I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 3 in a row.. after winning 8 in a row.. and then after losing 3 in a row, we'll go on another 8 game winning streak, enough to win the World Series! :headbang    That's typically how things have been going in 2005. :D

yes but the conditons are brutal.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Thx to last night, every game from now on in this series is the biggest one of the year.

Washburn said he feels 100%, so let's not get into that "oh, we should kick his ass' mind set. It didn't work too well last night, did it? We need to not beat ourselves and a vintage Mark performance.

couldn't have said it better myself. I hate this 'assuming we are going to hammer a pitcher" B.S. If a pitcher is pitching in the playoffs- he is GOOD! And Washburn is good. It should be a close game. WE need to get off to an early lead. Like a big 3-4 spot in the first 3 innings. The crowd really needs to be into it as well.

lose tonight and were going home IMO

cant afford to be down 2-0 with 3 out west

STEP IT UP BOYS

btw - washburn is a beast on the road this year

WAKE UP OFFENSE

one more thing since im bored at school, Carl AJ and Crede SUCK vs. Washburn

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
lose tonight and were going home IMO

cant afford to be down 2-0 with 3 out west

STEP IT UP BOYS

btw - washburn is a beast on the road this year

WAKE UP OFFENSE

one more thing since im bored at school, Carl AJ and Crede SUCK vs. Washburn

You can throw out all the stats as far as playoff baseball is concerned.

I think we will be fine the rest of the series. Look at the facts:

- there are potentially six games left

- The Angels do not have Bartolo Colon to lean on

-We have a well rested Buerhle on the mound against a sick (illness, not awesomeness) Washburn

-We have Freddy Garcia on the mound Friday, who is an amazing road pitcher and always steps up his performance in big games

-Yesterday's game was a wake-up call to the White Sox, who will defininately step up their performance today

-Our starting pitching is much better than the Angel's, thus we can get deeper in games and not use our bullpen as much, who will thus be rested and ready to go

-We lost by one run yesterday, it was not a blowout by any means and Jose pitched fine after the third. Plus, we lost basically due to mental mistakes.

-Etc. ( I could go on, but I have to get to a meeting)

:gosox4: