Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 2

Heads22

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm optimistic about tonight.

We looked a bit rusty after our long rest, but this time, unlike the first game against the LAA, we won.

I expect us to be sharper still for Game #2.

Rain and cold will be interesting factors in that mix, though :bringit

Edited by kevin57

Its perhaps odd to have a "must-win" game with a 1-0 lead, but I think this is precisely that kind of game.

Even the posters here who are usually a tad overoptimistic are admitting that Oswalt will be a huge pain. For Houston to come out of Game 3 with a 2-1 lead and 2 more games at home would be, to say the very least, highly undesirable.

The weight of the world is on Buehrle. That won't effect him one bit. But the cold weather and the Houston bats might.

Its perhaps odd to have a "must-win" game with a 1-0 lead, but I think this is precisely that kind of game.

Even the posters here who are usually a tad overoptimistic are admitting that Oswalt will be a huge pain. For Houston to come out of Game 3 with a 2-1 lead and 2 more games at home would be, to say the very least, highly undesirable.

The weight of the world is on Buehrle. That won't effect him one bit. But the cold weather and the Houston bats might.

I think almost every poster here agrees that Oswalt is their best pitcher and that it will be very tough to beat him. :huh:

So are you predicting another loss for tonight?

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)

I wasn't thrilled about the Sox being tied at 1-1 going to Anaheim for 3 games. But after what I saw in the ALCS I'm not about to put too much weight on a loss at home.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)

And the same can be said for Pettite. Sox bats, of course.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
Pods, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Dye, RF

Kong, 1B

Everett, DH

Rowand, CF

AJ, C

Crede, 3B

Uribe, SS

Buehrle, SP

Let's get 3 more. 

:gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:

Can anyone tell me why everett is in the line-up let alone batting 5th? Sure he has nine hits off of pettite and a .281 average, but his .656 ops is s***ty as hell. I much rather have ozuna who has been pretty damn good versus lefties in the game. Yes, i know ozzie is going with what has got us here... but everett is an annoying POS and i cannot wait until he is gone.

Any stats on how Buerhle or for that matter Pettite have pitched in cold weather and rainy conditions?

I don't know his career stats, but I can tell you that he once gave up 7 runs in the first inning against the Yankees on a rainy day, back in 2004. It was free poncho night, appropriately enough.