Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
I just hope Ozzie is aware that it's quite possible Garland will have to pitch on Sunday.  Thus, absolutely no reason to keep him in this game for 7 or 8 innings if the Sox continue to trail in this game.

Heck, I pull him NOW. He doesn't have his stuff. Take our chances with El Duque.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
How far off the bag could PK have gone? He needed to tag the runner. At best it's 90/10 Uribe's fault.

Move two feet to either side of the bag. The runner was still 15 feet off the base.

I just hope Ozzie is aware that it's quite possible Garland will have to pitch on Sunday.  Thus, absolutely no reason to keep him in this game for 7 or 8 innings if the Sox continue to trail in this game.

He will still have 5 days rest before Sunday comes. We also don't want to blow out our bullpen tonight since we have to play tomorrow and Thursday.

Uribe had time to take a step toward first instead of throwing it right away. If he had done that, he would have seen the runner turn around. Uribe then would have had time to get a better angle and pump a fake. I think he hurried it a bit. But I don't hold it against him. He has been defensively superb.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)

I totally disagree. If Garland settles down and keeps us in the game you, of course, leave him in.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
You forgot about not showing toughness.

I'm not one of the Friends of Judy posters, but I've long thought that main thing that keeps Garland from being a top-notch MLB pitcher is his lack of consistent toughness. I know he's a laid-back guy, but sometimes when the game gets intense, you need to match that intensity. Not to get annoying, but we're not facing Vlad and company anymore. These guys have taken great swings throughout this series, and in a way, we're lucky we're up 2-0 coming into today.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
Move two feet to either side of the bag. The runner was still 15 feet off the base.

That's probably why Paul didn't move off the base, Juan has to run him back to the base and if Paul gets off the bag he would have made the play much harder for himself.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
I'm not one of the Friends of Judy posters, but I've long thought that main thing that keeps Garland from being a top-notch MLB pitcher is his lack of consistent toughness.  I know he's a laid-back guy, but sometimes when the game gets intense, you need to match that intensity.  Not to get annoying, but we're not facing Vlad and company anymore.  These guys have taken great swings throughout this series, and in a way, we're lucky we're up 2-0 coming into today.

Plenty of pitchers succeed without showing an ounce of toughness. Let's find other things wrong with Jon like his control or consistency before attacking his character.